Legends of the phoenix

Tenshi looked at her companion as they walked into her district. It was a beautiful place and very much sought after but far to expensive if you're anyone but her. The house she rented was three floors high and had a huge backyard. Ah money, how she loved thee.

She wouldn't say that she was poor before but she wasn't what you would call rich either. Her family was a second generation immigrant household from Japan that was well liked due to overwhelming business in the shop industry. Everything that she wanted could be hers and her family would be fine, life back home was so much better than this place.

Shoving those thoughts away she lead Nozomi into her house. Hakuun doesn't like her for some odd reason from the glare he's giving her. They only met two times so maybe it's distrust? Whatever it is the feeling seems to be mutual so she obviously missed something. Uh, shinobi and their mistrust.

"We're staying here for five more months before we move villages. How long have you been in Uzushio, Nozomi?" Tenshi asked with a smile.

"Only five months? Well I guess it can't be helped." She glanced at Hakuun as she said that as he responded with a glare that rivalled the sharingan. "But to answer your question I have been here for five years and will also be leaving soon."

"Really? Perhaps we will see each other again in another village after you move." It was a possibility but a small one.

Nozomi didn't smile but hid her face in her sleeve. She started wearing a kimono after meeting her for the fifth time. "Perhaps."

"I hope that it's never." Hakuun mumbled under his breath.

Tenshi didn't hear but Nozomi certainly did. 'Tch, what a little bastard.' Of course, she refrained from doing anything because he was still a Hatake and they are well respected no matter how little the numbers. It would do no good to her clan for having the stigma of finishing a clan off. It's bad business.

"We came over to have a spar but I think Hakuun would be a better opponent for you Nozomi." It's not that she was scared of losing but she wanted to measure where they were at.

But both of them saw it as a challenge. A challenge to see who was better and who is a failure (read: who Tenshi will like more). It's a battle to the death! "Till someone steps out of the ring." She quickly adds on. It's a battle of strength and durability!

As they stepped outside into the backyard Tenshi spotted Kayda on the other side of the small fence. There was no point in having a big one since it can easily be climbed over. She started the match and went over to her as they watered Nozomi and Hakuun exchange blows.

"How are you Kayda-oba? I heard the grandkids just left."

She sighed and put her hand on temple. "It's so quiet without them but I can't say that I miss the noise. This old woman isn't what she use to be."

Tenshi shook her vigorously. "Your not old at old Oba-san! You look like your...in your spring time of youth!"

"Spring time of youth?" The women questioned but got no reply.

"Ahhh, you firkin bit me! That's foul play!" Hakuun shouted as jumped away from Nozomi.

"Don't be such a baby, you're a shinobi so if you can't fight dirty then don't fight at all." She wasn't wrong but that was uncalled for.

'Maybe I should stop them,' Tenshi thought before dismissing the idea. They would carry on when she wasn't there because kids are stubborn creatures. Kayda-Oba's gremlin grandkids can attest to that.

She just sighed and took out the genjutsu book from out of her pocket. Genjutsu shouldn't work on zombies and skeletons in theory, but that's only in theory so who knows.

"Kayda-Oba, the book says that genjutsu works better if you understand the human brain better. Does that mean I need to study it physically or mentally?" It was a question that bugged her to no end after reading the basics.

"It's a bit of both hun. You need to guide your chakra to the bit of the brain that is most susceptible to genjutsu which means you need to know the brain but also create the illusion in which the victim sees. Say if the person fighting cares about their comrades a lot, show all of them dead and they'll freak."

A bit vicious to say to a child but she appreciates the honesty. "How do you know what they care for though?" It's not like every ninja is like Naruto who wears his heart on his sleeve.

"That's were the base genjutsu comes in. It stimulates through your brain and brings up old memories or fears that you want to forget. The higher the level, the harder it is to break, and the more chakra control it takes to make as well."

Hmm, that's interesting. "Do all uchiha have to have good control to awaken the sharingan?" It explains why Sasuke couldn't use it till the wave if that was the case.

She nods confirming her suspension. "It also means that the Uchiha clan have more medics on hand. However, the clan likes to show of more so they tend to learn the basics like most other control related clans."

___________________________
.                                                                        .
For learning more about the shinobi world and basic theory of genjutsu you have gained +1 int
.                                                                         .
___________________________

She grinned as Nozomi stepped out the ring. The leaderboard suggests that she should be the winner but this confirms her suspicions that it's not as accurate as it seems.

AN
I love the support this fanfic is getting and will continue to update. (Unless I get writers block which is likely).

24/01/2022