Chapter 22 : Roses and Thorns

(Y/N) : Oh.. so we're gonna fight now.

Mei : (Y/N), Get ready!

The Dog-thing them suddenly pounces on you, you dodged the attack as Mei charged onto Rita since Mei is stronger.

(Y/N) : Shit, i wasn't ready!

Mei : I told you to get ready!

(Y/N) : Like hell i couldn't dodge an attack from a mechanical dog in point five seconds!

You said while dodging the dog-things attacks while Mei is parrying Rita's scythe, Rita then blows Mei back to give some space.

Rita : Remember Master (Y/N). Less talking, More fighting. You need to get that bad habit out of you. if you do that more, you'll lose your fights more often.

(Y/N) : Why are you helping me?

Rita : Just helping you remember.

She said with a smile as she suddenly dashes onto Mei. The dog-thing then swings it's tail blade onto your right hip as you took out Akino and parried it on the side of your body. The dog-thing then jumps back and takes a lower stance, you gazed at the dog-thing to see what the dog-thing's doing.

(Y/N) : 'Lower stance, probably wants to pounce at me or something. Trying to catch me off guard, but i'm smarter than that dog whatever it is. Wait, am i smarter?'

The dog-thing then tries to pounce at you again, using it's claws to attack. As the dog-thing's in the air, you slid down under it and grabed onto it's tail and then slammed it down onto the ground. You still took a hold of it's tail, then you spin the dog thing around before throwing it onto a nearby lamppost, breaking it.

(Y/N) : Damn! Dog-things heavier than i thought it would be.

-----

Mei was taking a hard time against Rita while you were busy with the dog-thing.

Rita swings her scythe down towards Mei. She dodges it with a backflip jump and as she did, Rita's scythe grazed one of her legs making her flinch and fall incorrectly. But before she falls to the ground, Rita kicks her at the side of her body sending her to a nearby fire hydrant and hits it, ripping it off the ground as it makes the water flow freely.

Mei : Argh..

Mei then tries to get up but suddenly Rita dashed in front of Mei, going for a horizontal swing. Mei reacted fast and blocks the blade of the scythe with her sword and parries it on another direction, staggering her hands. Mei then gets up and jumps back to set up space between her and Rita.

Rita : Well, i'm really impressed with you Raiden Mei. You're faster than i thought.

Rita teases Mei as she looked at her grazed leg, seeing a little drop off blood coming out of it.

Rita : If you didn't reacted that fast, i would've cut you in half. And we don't want that, do we?

Mei then charges straight at Rita, then she blocks the sword with the body of the Scythe, making them clash and holding the both of them in place.

Mei : Rrgh... you shouldn't talk while fighting.

Rita : Ho? Reciting my sentences are we? Sure, maybe i'll take this more seriously.

Mei : ?!

Rita then pushes Mei away with her scythe. Mei tries to stand her ground but suddenly Rita dashed in and swings her scythe diagonally down at Mei's shoulder grazing it and ripping some fabric as well. It quickly draws blood from her shoulder as the cut was a bit deeper. Rita then spins the scythe around her back to the right side and swings her scythe vertically from the bottom. Mei then blocks the Scythe with her sword but gets staggered back as she wasn't strong enough to fully block it.