Chapter 28 : The Prodigy and The Underdog

A Figure then falls through the skies, you both quickly knew that it was Kiana.

Mei : Kiana!

(Y/N) : Mei, you go on ahead! I'll be fine on my own!

Mei : But you're still injured!

(Y/N) : My injury is not our concern right now! Just go!

Mei : ...R-Right!

Mei then drops you gently as she quickly ran towards where Kiana would land. You stood up slowly and walked as you limped a little.

(Y/N) : Fuck... this is gonna take a while.. i hope Kiana's okay.

You limped as you tried to jog to where Kiana is supposed to fall at. Soon enough, you don't really feel the effects of the poison anymore as you now ran towards the supposed spot as quickly as possible. As you ran through the city, you saw some leaves, branches, and tree barks as it lead towards the center of the city. You ignored it as you kept going while slashing some enemy bots along the way with Hrungnir.

As you get closer to the center of the city, you heard some clashing. As it indicates that someone is battling in the middle of the city.

(Y/N) : 'Shit. that's gotta be Mei, better get to her quick.'

As you kept running, you quickly jumped from building to building to get to the center quicker. Finally, you saw it. A humongous tree that sprouted beneath Arc City, the clashing gets louder and louder as it indicates that you are nearly there.

You are now at the center of the city, you saw two people fighting under the tree where Kiana laid on. It was Mei, and a surprise for you.. Durandal is also there.

(Y/N) : 'Bianka? Right, time to make my entrance.'

You took a deep breath, then shouted her name.

(Y/N) : BIANKA!

As Mei and Durandal clashed, they then dashed back as they noticed your shout.

Mei : '(Y/N)!?'

Durandal smirks a little as she saw you. You then jumped down and landed infront of Mei. You took out Hrungnir and pointed it at her, but then you quickly sheathed it back with a smirk of your own.

(Y/N) : Heh, Well well well.. look who it is! Ms. S Class.

Bianka : Hmph. Didn't expect you to be here, (Y/N).

(Y/N) : Expect the unexpected Bianka. I know what you want, and it's Kiana. Isn't it?

Bianka : Well that saves us some time. Now leave, this is not your business to attend to (Y/N).

(Y/N) : Well i'm afraid i'll have to interfere. Because she, is our friend. Now we can't lose her again when we just got her back can we?

Bianka : Well this complicate things a little bit further, doesn't it.

(Y/N) : Maybe. But we can't let you take her away from us. Mei, stand back.

Mei : W-what?! No. i can't let you fight her alone, you're still injured!

(Y/N) : And what about your shoulder?

Mei : I-i...

(Y/N) : C'mon.. you fought her for quite a while, so how about it's my turn to have some fun?

Mei : Please don't be reckless..

(Y/N) : I'll try.

You went up to Bianka as she still stood in front of the tree.

Bianka : So, you're injured.

(Y/N) : Yeah, just like how it was couple months back huh?

Bianka : And just like how it was, you're going to lose. And by the way.