part 6

Y/n POV:
Mirabel and I ran as fast as we could, back to Antonio's room. "The house is in danger!" Mirabel panted. "The house is in danger!" I repeated after her. As soon as the words left our mouthes the music stopped, everyone's faces turned to us. "The tiles were falling, -" "and there were cracks everywhere." "And the candle almost went out." Mirabel and I explained, finishing each others sentences. Many started to murmur and wonder if it was actually true. "Show me." Abuela finally says. We both look at each other and nod. They follow us out of Antonio's room to the living room, where cracks were once there.
"What?" Mirabel says, myself wondering the same thing. "No, that's...The cracks were there. They were everywhere. The house was in trouble, the candle was..." Mirabel's voice trails off. I stood there, shocked.

What happened? I saw it with my own eyes. WE saw it, but as I look around the room, I saw eyes who didn't believe us. Abuela scoffs. Mirabel looks at me for help, she knows Abuela doesn't believe us. "Abuela, I promise..." Mirabel starts. "Abuela Alma. Please, I saw it too. You have to believe us, the La Casa Madrigal could be in danger!" I stand up for Mirabel, knowing the embarrassment I'm causing for myself. "That's enough. There is nothing wrong with La Casa Madrigal. The magic is strong. And so are the drinks." Abuela states, turning around from us and to the crowd. The crowd laughs, and they continue the party.

How could they just laugh off something like this?

Author Note - I'm really sorry for not updating, I've had a lot going on since I'm moving and school starting back up. I really really sorry and I'll try to update more. Forgive me, my readers and thank you for staying :)