02

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Love is such a powerful force. It's there for everyone to embrace-that kind of unconditional love for all of humankind. That is the kind of love that impels people to go into the community and try to change conditions for others, to take risks for what they believe in."-Coretta Scott King

Harriet leaned against the Jeep as she waited for Edward to join the family so they could decide what they were going to do for the rest of the day. "What game are we going to hunt?" Emmett questioned, leaning against the Jeep beside the woman while wrapping an arm around Rosalie's waist as she leaned against his front.

"How about deer?" She questioned, looking down at her nails that were immaculate as always. She glanced up as Edward stormed towards them with a look of pure rage. "I've been craving them for a while now."

Everyone turned to Edward as he entered his Volo, he seemed to be trying to calm down from something. Harriet looked towards Jasper with confusion, as if asking how he was feeling. Jasper shook his head, not really feeling comfortable using his gift when he need to concentrate on not killing anyone.

"Edward?" Alice questioned, sliding into her car and waving Harriet to follow.

The woman looked at Emmett, who simply waved her off. "I'll meet you at the house."

She nodded, quickly entering the backseat as Edward moved the car into reverse and sped out of the parking lot. "What happened to you?" Harriet questioned, tossing her bag into the seat beside her as she poked her head in between the front seats.

When Edward didn't say anything, Harriet looked towards Alice causing the pixie girl to shrug. From where Harriet sat, she could see the two using their gift the only indication being when Alice's eye widened and Edward's narrowed.

"You're leaving?" Alice whispered, causing Harriet to gasp softly.

Edward slowly accelerated waves of anger seeming to radiate off him. "Am I, Alice?" He hissed glaring at the road.

Harriet know well enough to know not to speak, she knew she couldn't change his mind nor did she want to if he was this angry about something. He had to have a good reason for leaving and she wasn't going to be selfish by keeping him close to the thing that angered him.

"Oh." Alice whispered, another vision seeming to hit her. "Oh..."

"Stop!" Edward snapped, his face twitching slightly.

"Sorry."

Harriet hesitated before reaching over and placing her hand on his bicep. "We'll miss you." She muttered, deflating slightly and looking at Alice who nodded. "No matter how short a time you're gone."

It didn't take long for Edward to reach the long gravel road that took them towards their home. Harriet looked out the window before shouldering her bag. "Drop me here," She requested, wanting to give the two some privacy. Just like Emmett and Harriet, Alice and Edward were closer to each other then the others. Harriet was only asked to join in case she needed to use her gift on the male in an attempt to calm him down.