11

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"When you're lucky enough to meet your one person, then life takes a turn for the best. It can't get better than that."-John Krasinski

Harriet, as soon as she got to the house, started packing a bag. She had talked it over with the others and they decided to have her go with Alice, Jasper, and Bella to Phoenix while the others tricked the nomad.

Her phone buzzed next to her bag, making her look over to see the dorky picture she had taken of Paul flashing across the screen. She took a breath, stepping back and biting her thumb nail. She couldn't decide if she should answer or not, if she did she knew she would have to tell him she was leaving for a bit but if she didn't he would find out either way.

"Just answer the phone, honey." Esme spoke up, entering the room and grabbing the phone. "He needs to know what's going on. You don't want them getting hurt because they came looking for you." Rubbing her face, Harriet quickly grabbed the phone before sending Esme a pleading look. "I'll finish packing." The motherly woman promised, showing her daughter towards the balcony.

Harriet gave her a tense smile before darting out of the room and sitting on the metal chair she had set on the balcony. "Paul?" She spoke, answering the phone and holding it to her ear. "What's up?"

There was a sigh on the other end of the phone, one that seemed to be out of relief. "I just..." He paused, a hum leaving him as he ran a hand over his face. In the background Harriet could hear Jared talking to who she assumed was Sam. "Jared and I got a bad feeling and just wanted to check up on you."

Her tense body deflated slightly, a loving smile coming to her lips as she ran a hand though her hair. "I'm fine" She glanced into the woods, she could hear the other approaching as well as a separate set of feet that seemed to be following their cars. "I'll come by when i can and explain everything, but right now i need you to promise not to come over."

"What?" Paul frowned, standing from his spot and causing Jared to look over alarmed. "You just said you were fine, you don't seem fine to me."

"Paul." Harriet sighed, casting one last look into the woods before turning away. "Something happened with Bella. I need to get away for a bit but I'll call you when everything has calmed down."

There was a moment of silence before a sigh was heard. "Will you be safe?"

The smile that had fallen reappeared even brighter. "I'm always safe, Mon Loup." She reassured, looking into her room where Esme was now watching with a worried look. "I need to go, I'll call you later ok?"

"Ok."

His tone made a shiver run down Harriet's spine. She knew that the minute she got back they wouldn't be leaving her side until she told them what happened, she just hoped that they were safe until everything settled down.