08

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Passion makes the world go 'round. Love just makes it a safer place."-Ice-T, The ice opinion

Harriet sat in her SUV, a soft smile on her face as she looked through the messages of Paul and Jared commenting about school and how Embry was doing. After their talk, Paul and Jared decided to keep an eye on her third mate making small comments about how dorky he was and how they couldn't believe he had done something in class that they had listened in on.

"They should be paying attention to classes," Jasper muttered, having peeked over her shoulder to see what was making her smile so much. "Who's Embry?"

Harriet was quickly to push his head away and shut off her phone, but it was too late for her to give a false excuse before Emmett appeared at her door with a wide grin and wiggling eyebrows. "I think I remember someone talking about a third mate."

His words made Harriet narrow her eyes at him. "You were listening to my conversation with Charlotte weren't you?"

Emmett shrugged with a smirk, leaning against her open window while looking across the parking lot. "It's not my fault you chose to talk about it in a house full of vampires." Harriet snarled, using her free hand to repeatedly smack her brother. "Ow ow!" He grunted, quickly stepping away before she could crack his face.

"I have literally zero privacy."

Jasper chuckled, stepping out of her jeep and grabbing his bag. "Trust me, now you know how we always feel."

Harriet pouted, pocketing her phone and exiting her SUV as well. "I feel like no one ever has it with Edward around." Her words made Emmett and Jasper look to each other with a smirk.

"Speaking of Edward..." Jasper started, watching as Emmett wrapped an arm around her shoulders while she glared at the two of them. "He heard an interesting thought from Carlisle the other night, the night we went out hunting and you stayed home."

Her eyes widen, before narrowing at Jasper while Emmett snickered. "What about it?"

Emmett shrugged, leaning against his sister his free arm moving to his head and resting it against his forehead as he faked fainting against her. "My dear little sister is no longer innocent." He sobbed, a pout on his face while Jasper laughed at Harriet's face.

"I'm older then all of you." She snarled, grunting when the larger male pushed off her and held his chest. "What now?"

"I just didn't know you were a cradle robber, Hare."

Her eyes went wide in embarrassment, and she quickly looked away. "I hate both of you!" She snapped, covering her face as best she could with her phone in one of her hands, though that didn't last long as Emmett plucked it from her fingers. He was easily able to open it, seeing as she never bothered adding a lock on it. "Emmett!"