15

Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them." –Agatha Christie

Harriet placed a hand over her mouth, leaning on her knees beside Emmett as Edward stood in front of everyone. "You want us to leave?" Alice questioned, a saddened tone lacing her words as she wrapped her arms around her middle while Jasper wrapped his around her waist.

After Edward dropped Bella off at home, he rushed straight home and called for a meeting. The first words out of his mouth being an order that they should leave Forks, Washington and make it seem like they never existed.

Her hands moved to cover her eyes, all she could think about were her mates. It wasn't like they could follow her, but with Edwards request she couldn't stay here with them. The thought of her leaving them caused her chest to ache, she already felt like she was loosing them and she hadn't even left yet.

"It's not safe for us to stay here, nor is it safe for us to be around Bella." He deduced, glancing at Harriet who didn't seem to be listening. "We can always come back in a few years, I know you guys loved the place."

Harriet looked up with sad eyes. "No offense, but why can't you just leave?" She questioned, making the others turn to her with shocked looks. "My mates are here, and they can't leave with us. I just got them, I don't want to loose them."

Edward sighed, crossing his arms before glancing at Carlisle who had already agreed to the plan. "I don't want this family to be torn apart," The doctor informed, moving to stand in front of Harriet and placing a hand on her head.

"But he's leaving us either way." She snapped, pushing his hand off her head and standing up. "Why do we always have to follow his lead? Just because he's not happy about what happened doesn't mean he can send us all away."

Esme stepped foreword, a concerned look on her face. "Harriet we would have to leave eventually, you know this."

Her words caused Harriet to rub her face and turn away. "I know..." Sher muttered, licking her lips before stepping away. "Give me a day, I want to spend time with my mates before we leave."

Carlisle looked back to Edward, who quickly looked away with a conflicted look on his face. "I'm sure that will be fine." The blonde sighed, placing comforting hand on her shoulder. "I'll help pack up your room."

"Don't bother," She quickly retorted, "If Edward is going his own way, then so am I."

Emmett and Jasper's faces contorted into ones of sadness at the thought of her leaving them. Ever since they had joined the Cullen family, the three of them were inseparable always playing around and spending the long nights together. All of them felt incomplete without the other, they were platonic soulmates and anyone could see that.