06

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."-Friedrich Nietzsche

Harriet looked at Edward confused, placing the book she had been reading on her lap before crossing her arms as she leaned against Jared on the couch as he played a few video games with Emmett. "You want me to go to Lapush to spy on your little girlfriend?"

Edward rolled his eyes, pushing her legs off the couch before sitting down where they once were, he rubbed his face before looking up at her with pleading eyes. "You're the only one of us that can go over there, I just need to make sure she's safe while there."

Jared scoffed, leaning back into the couch and wrapping his arm around Harriet's shoulders pushing her upper body so she laid against his chest. "She would be with the wolves, the Swan girl would be safe."

Harriet gestured towards her mate, raising an eyebrow. "Besides I don't even know the girl. Why would I go with her?"

Edward pouted slightly, looking away. "Because your favorite brother I asking you to?"

Emmett snickered from the other chair, while Jaspers laugh was heard from upstairs. "Edward, no offense to you but you're actually my least favorite brother."

Edward gave her a look, his eyes wide as if he had no idea what she was talking about. "Wait, seriously?"

Her face contorted as she nodded, cringing slightly while Jared chuckled above her. "We don't really have any thing to bond over." She pointed out, "At least with Emmett I have our shared strength and love for games, with Jasper we have our backgrounds as well as our love for history books."

The male sighed, falling back against the couch and covering his face. "I can't believe I'm the least favorite brother." There was a moment of silence before he shot up and shook his head. "I'll personally get that engine you were wanting for the Jeep."

His words made Harriet shoot up, startling Jared who instinctively went to steady her. "For real?" She questioned, her eyes narrowing. "You'll get the 0L Turbocharged Four Cylinder?" Edward cringed before nodding, looking over her at her pleadingly.

Her tongue prodded her cheek as she crossed her legs and rubbed her chin. "Please, Harriet?" He sighed, placing his hands together. "Angela will be there too, so it's not like you can't wiggle your way in."

She licked her lips before sighing. "Fine." Her one word made Edward light up before launching himself at her, only stopping when Jared quickly moved her out of the way with a glare. "But," She continued, happily looking down at Edward from her mate lap. "You have to help Rose and I with the extra modifications as well as help us put it in."

The telepath sighed before nodding. Working with the two girls on Harriet's jeep was his personal hell, other then enduring the Swan girls scent while in school. "Only if-"