009

𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

- 𝘝𝘪𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 
- 𝘈𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳
- 𝘉𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥/𝘎𝘰𝘳𝘦
- 𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
word count: 1741
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

The next day, I decided to go through with seeing Baji. I kept talking myself out of it, but I knew I needed to see him.

I stood at his front door, working up the courage to knock. Just as I lifted my hand to knock, the door flung open. Baji and I locked eyes, and he looked furious, like he was about to rush off somewhere.

"What do you want?" he asked, annoyed.

That was my breaking point. With my hand still in the air, I punched him.

"When are you gonna stop pretending, Baji?" I said, tears welling up. My hand hurt even worse after that, considering it was already bandaged.

I pushed him back into his apartment and shut the door behind us. "When are you gonna come back? When are you gonna apologize?" I cried.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I don't need you!" he shouted.

I hit him again, now sobbing. "YOU TRAITOR!" I yelled, preparing for a third strike.

He didn't attempt to fight back.

Slowly, he looked up at me. "I want nothing to do with you, Hanemiya."

I was shocked. He just called me by my last name, knowing that I go by Sano. I was so taken aback by it that I didn't know what to say. The tears had stopped, and I was left in pure shock. Screw the future.

I clenched both of my fists at my sides. "When you die, I won't be there to save you," I whispered.

"What?"

With that, I landed one last punch before walking out of the apartment. How foolish was I to think I could fix what we had. I glanced down to see blood dripping from my bandages, and my hand was undoubtedly broken.

Baji is my enemy, and if he dies, that's on him.

I don't know him anymore.

I abruptly stopped in my tracks and looked at the necklace I held in my free hand. It was a heart locket I had planned to give him. I threw it as far as I could. God, I'm so stupid.

It was finally my birthday, Halloween. There was supposed to be a huge fight today, but I couldn't find the strength to go. I felt weak—too weak. It was late afternoon, and the fight would start at any moment.