Part 2 - 012

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮word count: 1300╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

word count: 1300
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

Day 3: November 28

I've locked myself in my room the last few days. The more I think, the worse it gets, and I just want to be alone.

'Do Not Enter' was plastered in big red letters on the front of my door. Ran respects my privacy and only came to help me with my bandages yesterday.

Sanzu has been around trying to see me but keeps getting turned away since I won't come out. Rindou hasn't even attempted to come see me until now.

"YN?"

My ears twitched at the sound of him calling my name. I got up and cracked the door slightly to see him with a tray of food.

"Not hungry," I spoke, trying to close the door. He stopped it with his foot quickly.

"Can I come in?"

I sat on my bed not saying a word while I took small bites of the toast he made for me. I haven't eaten in those three days no matter how hard Ran tried to make me.

"Where's Ran?" I asked.

"He's dealing with something right now in Shibuya. He said he'll be gone for a few days and wants me to take care of you."

"Oh," was all I managed to say.

There was a moment of awkward silence. "I'll head out now. If you need me, I'm down the hall."

"Please stay," I said, grabbing his hand so he wouldn't leave.

He looked at me shocked and then put his head down. Is he blushing?

"I'll stay for a little," he said, sitting next to me at the edge of my bed.

I set my food aside on the nightstand and moved to sit next to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and locked his hand with mine. I could feel both of our hearts racing.

"You're the only person I need right now," I whispered, holding back tears.

"I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere," he said, holding me.

"Why do bad things always happen to me? Everybody around me is in pain, and it's all my fault," I said, picking at the sleeve covering my other hand.