Part 2 - 010

Song Choice: Chamber Of Reflection - Mac DeMarco

"Alone Again"

Day 11: December 5th 2007

Keoki Baji's Funeral

I stood in the far corner in the distance at the funeral home. In all black with my hood up so nobody could see me. I watched in the distance as my best friend laid in her casket, her skin so pale, her finger tips were blue. She looked so cold.

Her once rosey cheeks and bright smile are now faded. She laid in peace, finally with her brother once again.

I stood in the back corner for hours while everybody passed me by.

Chifuyu and Mikey came to pay their respects.

Sanzu
Ran
Rindou
Takeomi
South.

They all sat in the 2nd row in silence, they've sat here as long as I have.

The first to get up and finally leave was Rindou

Then Ran
Then Takeomi
Then South
Then Chifuyu

There were 3 of us left. Mikey, Myself and Sanzu.

"I'm sorry, I know you loved her" Mikey said to Sanzu.

With that Sanzu didn't say a word. He stood up and walked out of the funeral home now leaving only Myself and Mikey.

Still nobody could see me in the corner, nobody except Mikey knew I was here. Mikey knew I wouldn't miss this.

He bowed to her and turned to make his way toward me.

"YN" He said.

I looked up at him with tears streaming down my face. He gave me a weak smile and wiped the tears from my cheek.

"Everybody I love is gone" I spoke.

"Please just come home" He said.

The thought of coming home with him hurt my heart, I couldn't bare to see him hurt the way I've hurt the others.

"Mikey, you sound just like him" I choked. "You remind me of him everyday and that's why I can't come home" I cried.

It was true. He reminded me of Shinichiro and I can't be around him because of it.

His smile slowly faded, I looked down and cried even more. He gave me a final kiss on the top of my head.

"I know you'll come home soon, until then keep yourself safe" He said.

He walked away leaving me alone.

Alone again.

♢ ♤ ♡ ♧