Chapter 6 - Femme Fatale

Even though Rose was still struggling with her emotions, she still liked going out with Emmett every now and again. It gave her some time to forget current events and let loose a little bit. Emmett would usually take her on an overnight cruise around the state, where they would dance and have fun until the sun rose. Wanting to switch things up a bit, Rose convinced Emmett to take her to the movies. It had been a while since she went to see a flick. The last time she really went to a theater was when Marilyn Monroe was popular. She had of course watched movies at the house, but Rose wanted to go out to see a new installment fresh from release.

Slipping into a comfortably tight blue dress, Rose waved her hair and applied her makeup and sprayed her perfume. Rose looked tantalizing. She went downstairs with her platform stilettos in hand, eager to see Emmett decked out in his navy-blue suit. Although when she got down there, she only saw Edward, sitting at the desk writing something on a piece of paper.

"Hey." Rose said. Edward glanced up from his paper. Rose held her arms out to her side and spun around on one foot. Edward smiled with amusement. "How do I look?" Rose asked. Edward felt a tightness in his chest. "Can I be honest," he asked. Rose smiled and nodded. Edward's smile grew bigger from the sudden mix of confidence and adrenaline hitting him at once. "Like Aphrodite."

Rose blushed through her makeup. Edward had called her everything except for beautiful and its many synonyms. "Thank you." she tittered. Before Edward could reply, Emmett walked in wearing a simple long sleeve shirt and jeans. "Emmett what are you wearing? I thought we had a date?" Rose asked feeling annoyed. "Can't tonight, babe. My night to hunt." Emmett replied hurriedly. 

"It's not your night to hunt Emmett." Edward said. "I swear it is." Emmett defended. Rose started getting upset, and Edward could feel it. "The others are out. Maybe I'll join them and leave the house to you two for the night?" he proposed. Emmett laughed. "If there would even be a house to come back to." he scoffed. 

The anger boiled over in Rose's mind. "If you don't want to go out you could've just said so!" she scolded. Rose threw her shoes to the floor and stomped upstairs to her room.

Emmett rolled his eyes and exhaled deeply. "You don't care anymore, do you?" Edward snapped. Emmett paused. "It's not that." he muttered. "Then what is it then?!" Edward yelled as he stood up from his chair quickly. Emmett rolled his eyes again before leaving the house entirely. Edward didn't know where he was going, he didn't even care. 

In that moment as Edward stood by himself downstairs, he made a choice. A choice that he was willing to make no matter what the consequences were. His mind was fogged, he wasn't thinking straight, but he knew what he was going to do. 

Edward raced up the stairs to Rose's room. He knocked lightly on the door. Stepping inside and closing the door behind him, Edward could see Rose standing beside her window, still in her dress. Rose turned around. She looked sad, but she also flashed a bit of relief in her eyes upon seeing Edward. He stared intently into her. She knew what he wanted to do, and she smiled mentally knowing how she was going to respond. Edward and Rose approached each other simultaneously, meeting halfway to receive a kiss from the other side. Edward pushed Rose into the wall temporarily, kissing her deeply. Rose pushed from the wall and collapsed onto Edward on the bed. Rosalie Hale was making out with Edward Cullen.

Edward rolled over after adjusting himself to rest on the pillows. He kissed Rose's neck, which made her use her limbs to pull him closer to her. Rose kissed Edward in a way that she never had with Emmett. She kissed Edward with such need and passion, the mere thought of Emmett didn't destroy her moment. Edward caressed Rose's body up and down her side to her leg. Rose held her hand on Edward's chest, pressing lightly to keep him elevated. She sat up into the position they were in when they went into the woods during the baseball game. Edward kissed the border of Rose's neck and chest. 

Falling onto his back, Edward savoured the taste of Rose's kiss, enjoyed the sensation of her ruby red lips connecting to his and idolized her lustfulness she conveyed in her mind and physical actions.

Rose silently allowed Edward to remove a strap from her shoulder. Edward looked into Rose's eyes as he pecked at her now bare shoulder. Rose kissed Edward again but abruptly stopped. She looked deep into Edward's eyes. "Tell me you want this. I don't want you regretting this tomorrow." her mind said. Edward kissed Rose, pulling her head closer to his. "I want this." he choked. Rose grinned before falling back down onto him.

A long physical night was going to ensue, but Rose and Edward didn't care. The stress they've had and the situation they're in was justifiable enough for what they were going to do.

And as Rose and Edward made love in the empty Cullen house, Emmett laid in bed with a disowned member of the family on the opposite side of Forks. Someone who had left the family because of the danger she had faced by staying with them. A girl who knew she would be better off on her own except for Emmett and her daughter. A girl Edward and Rose knew far too well. Bella Swan.