Chapter 13 - Battle Plans

Carlisle seemed agitated that his trip with Esme was cancelled. But he knew he had a job to do. He had made contact with the Denali Coven, Irish Coven, Amazon Coven and the Romanian Coven. All four groups were hesitant at first, but when they heard what was about to transpire, they were all in. Rose and Jasper respectively tried to make contact with their Egyptian counterparts, but something was wrong. No answer from the Egyptians? They almost always answer their phones. Carlisle was informed and Edward took note of the flash of fear in Carlisle's eyes. He knew something, but Edward didn't know what. Esme used her kindness to get Sam to agree to bring the Pack over to the house to set up a strategy, even though they had told Carlisle soon after Alice brought attention to the army that they had killed a few rogues a few miles north. And Emmett would often sneak away to make a phone call. Judging by the way he talked, it was the same person.

Alice successfully mapped out where the alliance and the army would collide. It would be in an open field with patches of trees scattered throughout surrounded by dense forest a few kilometers away from Forks. Carlisle used some computer magic to gain access to a satellite photo of the field.

The photo Carlisle gained was tacked onto a board in the living room. The Coven and the Uley's sat silently waiting for Carlisle to begin. Carlisle looked at his family with admiration. He was nervous. A rogue army isn't like anything he's seen before. He feared that without the right numbers, the beautiful family he has created won't survive and the stronger alliance will be destroyed by them. Alice and Jasper held hands tightly, Esme supported her husband with a quiet smile, Emmett rested his hand in Rose's lap and Edward slid his hand under Rose's secretly. The Uley's sat lazily but to attention, eager to hear what Carlisle had planned. The Romanian Coven - Stefan and Vladimir - looked like they were already observing the board. The Denali and Irish Covens exchanged glances every now and again randomly, thinking they were trying to catch each other's attention. The Amazon Coven weren't in the area but were well on their way.

"Okay, let's start," Carlisle began after a long pause. "Alice has found out that the army will be at this field in a few days," he pointed to the picture of the field. "These trees should provide cover for Sam and his boys. Alice could see some Psychics within the ranks, so calculate your ambush wisely. Covens, we'll stand face to face with the army and meet them head-on."

Kate, one of the Denali sisters, raised her hand. Carlisle pointed at her with his chin. "How many Muscled are we going to deal with?" she asked. "They make up about fifty-two percent of their forces." Alice chimed in. Kate grinned like she did when she was told fighting the Volturi would be a suicide mission. "Sounds like fun." she muttered gleefully. Tanya frowned at her sister's lack of seriousness. 

Rose and Kate exchanged smiles. They saw each other as sisters even if few people thought so. They loved their respective attitudes about specific things and grew close to one another. But like all sisters, they've had their moments. Though they love and respect each other, they compete when it comes to their beauty. Both are regarded as the most beautiful vampires in the world, and that ego booster can spur them to show off their looks. Rose didn't really see it as much of a rivalry, though, she knew when the time came, she would fight for her third adopted sister (Alice and Bella being the first two). And Kate felt the same way. 

Before Carlisle could continue with his plans, the sound of the front door opening filled the house. Everyone turned to attention as they expected the Amazon Coven to walk into the room. The person who walked through the door, however, left everyone in the room frozen. Bella and Renesmee stood on the border of the living room and hallway. Edward and Jacob looked at each other accusingly. "I didn't call them!" Jacob's thoughts yelled. "Wasn't me either." Edward whispered. Bella looked at her former love interests, her eyes bouncing between them. "I heard there was another fight," she started. "We wanted to know if you needed help?"
                                                                                                                                                                                            There was too much heartbreak for Edward to be around Bella or Renesmee. He looked at Carlisle pleadingly. "We need the numbers. Plus, their strengths could help us." Carlisle's thoughts destroyed Edward's hopes of him saying no. Edward pursed his lips in anger. "Take a seat." Carlisle tried to beam but came off as tense. 

Emmett flashed a quick smile at Bella as he watched her sit down near the Irish Coven. 

The alliance returned their attention to Carlisle. "Now we have another problem," Carlisle started again. "Our Egyptian brethren haven't responded to any forms of contact. Does anyone have an idea about where they could be?"

Before anyone could speak, a flash was heard before the Amazon Coven stood beside the Egyptian Coven. "Nice of you to show up." Carlisle said angrily. "Sorry, we were having our own rogue troubles back home. We got your message though." Amun - the leader of the Egyptian Coven - replied. "Long trek from Brazil to Washington." Zafrina of the Amazon Coven defended herself. Carlisle rolled his eyes. Once they settled, however, he realized his army wasn't complete. Sure, he had the same alliance when they stood-off with the Volturi, but he had a gut feeling that he needed something else. He scanned across the room, right-to-left. From the Egyptians to the Amazonians to the Irish, across the Denali's to the Romanians towards the Uley's and ultimately resting on his Olympic. He let a thought slip through his mind, and Edward caught it.

"No way!" Edward yelled. "It's just a thought. If we get them on our side, we will beat this army with ease." Carlisle defended out loud. "What're you talking about?" Siobhan of the Irish asked. Edward hesitated. "He wants the Volturi."

Stefan and Vladimir jumped to attention. "That will never happen. Not in a million years!" Vladimir shouted. "It was just a thought." Carlisle said calmly. "And it's going to stay that way!" Esme piped up, shocked in her husband's rare lack of logic. Carlisle put his hands up defensively and settled down. 

"Alice, can you look at some of the rogues in the army and describe them? Maybe a few of us will." Carlisle asked with a softer voice. Alice let herself go into a vision of what the army was doing in that moment. She walked around as they rested, completely unaware that they were being watched. She looked at a toned man in a black Ushanka sitting beside a Romanian girl. 

"Strong jawed Russian? Black hair, small stubble?" Alice asked in the real world. No one replied. "Romanian girl, about age of thirty. Reddish-brown hair, necklace of Vlad the Impaler?" she asked in reference to the girl beside the Russian. Not a peep. 

Alice returned to the encampment in her vision. She glanced around the rogues sitting around a collection of ten campfires. When she came across a female standing alone a few yards away. She watched intently at her comrades, watching their every move. Jasper became curious at the expression sprawled out on Alice's face. He entered her vision without saying a word. When he looked at the lone woman, he froze in place. "Chelsea!" he cried. His cry snapped Alice out of her vision, taking Jasper with her. 

"That was Chelsea?!" Alice exclaimed. Jasper nodded with fear. "I can't believe she is in on this." he added. "Who's Chelsea?" Garrett asked. "Old acquaintance of mine." Jasper replied. He rested his head in his hands, contemplating how he should feel about this. Carlisle looked like he was frozen, Edward and Emmett exchanged looks. "If that was her, then she's probably their commander." Emmett hypothesized. Alice slipped back into her vision without anyone noticing.

She looked around for any sign of an authoritative figure. That was when she took note of a redheaded rogue telling an Italian rogue to get the troops ready to move. "You're wrong Emmett," Alice corrected. "I see an Englishman giving orders. He knows what he's doing."

An Englishman? Carlisle thought. "Listen for a name." he commanded Alice. He had an unwavering suspicion. Alice waited for the Italian to reply to the order being given to him. "Once everyone is accounted for, we leave." the redhead commanded. "Yes, Arleos." replied the Italian. Alice came back in a sudden halt in her vision. Carlisle looked at her anxiously. "Arleos." Alice said innocently. "I know him too!" Carlisle exclaimed. He wasn't expecting to see him again. Ever. This was shaping up to be an ugly fight, and Carlisle only wished he knew how to counter such an attack without casualties, but after hearing that name, there was no way at least three people wouldn't die.