Chapter eight

Tw: brief mention of murder

1621 words

Dream pov:

I first saw Techno at my grandma's house when I was 8. He was who I used to call 'scary man', he was the one abusing little George. I guess at the time he didn't have long pastel pink hair, or I at least didn't notice it.

I wonder if I should talk to George about it. I decided that I am going to do that as soon as I get home. Right now I am on the bus with my airpods in, listening to my favorite song. Dandelions. I know it's a sappy love song, but I can't help but just want to scream out the lyrics.

Soon enough I arrived home, and I am now standing in my room. I left the front door open for Drista to come in. She rode the bus with me, but she sat next to Lani. When I look into the mirror I don't see George anywhere, instead I see long braided pastel pink hair that I will never forget.

I see Techno's face too close for comfort, he is in royalty like clothes, with a crown placed perfectly on his head. He looked like he went back in time to the 1800's.

"Why hello there. I assume you have met my son." Techno spoke out tauntingly. He moved away from the mirror, so I could see more of the room. Immediately my eyes land on George, he looks scared; just like he was when he was around 8.

I can see a forming bruise on his cheek, Techno must have hit him before I got home from Porchino High.

(you guys have no idea how much I don't like writing techno as a bad guy. He's my comfort streamer)

"You have no idea how hard it was to convince you that he was all in your mind." Techno was referring to George. "My father convinced me he wasn't real, not you." I spit out at him, wishing I could just go through the mirror and hit him until he begs for me to stop.

"That's what I wanted you to think." He's messing with me, there's no way that dad would have let Techno around me. "Dad would have never let you near me."

He starts chuckling, and looks over his shoulder to the boy that I have started to deeply care about. "You know..." he pauses, "me and your father weren't always enemies." I don't dare to respond. Even though I can't trust him, I know that he isn't lying.

There was something in his voice that made me think that maybe, just maybe, they used to be friends. I want to ask him what he is talking about, but my voice comes out too quiet to hear.

He sees my confused expression and he smiles evilly and walks out of the room, but not before he slightly slaps George in the face and mutters something that I can't hear.

"I thought we weren't in the same dimension. Why did you lie to me?" George looks confused for a moment before he speaks "We aren't. What are you talking about?"

Now he is just trying to piss me off, and spoiler alert it's working. "That man right there!" I raise my voice, "Is the one that FUCKING killed my father!" I feel tears brim the corner of my eyes, remembering what that man has done to my father.

He starts to shake his head and says "That's not possible, my dad can't just switch dimensions like that."

'HIS WHAT?!'

"What if he can." I looked down, almost embarrassed at what had just come out of my mouth.

He looks like he is thinking about what I had said. His eyes widen before he starts stuttering, trying to get the words out of his mouth.

"H-he always carries th-this ring around, and w-when I asked what i-it was he said that it w-was more important to him than me." He seems sad by the last part. How could George's dad love a ring more than his own son?