7. Not so bad?

"What are we doing here in the village? I thought you would lock me up in your dungeon forever?" My soon-to-be wife asked.

"Ah! here we are!" I said ignoring the girl's question.

I heard my Millie sigh in annoyance, it was humorous ok?

I knock on ???'s door.

The door opens and I heard the brunette beauty gasp in shock next to me.

It revealed Millie's father, who looked completely different from our first meet.

His dusty clothes were now clean, his overgrown hair and beard were now shaven and cut nicely and he smelled very fresh, like herbs.

"Father?!"

"Oh, Millie! My girl!" Her father shouts cheerfully and engulfs her in a bear hug.

I look away in envy, me father nor my mother had this type of bond.

But also because he's touching my soon-to-be wife.

I sighed and walked in while lightly shoving them away.

I roam around the house my men built, I had never seen the house in person.

"Look, Millie! Our future queen Sadie built this house for me, you, mom, and Noah!" I heard her father exclaim.

Millie stared at me for a while before looking back at her father.

"Father? Where are Noah and mother?" Millie asked.

"Mom went to buy some treats for the animals from the farm while Noah went to get newspapers."

"Oh, it's a shame I couldn't meet them," Millie says frowning.

"Oh, my bad! Have a seat, my queen and savior! You too Millie." Her father says pulling a chair for both of us.

"Thank you, Mister." I thanked him.

"Just call me dad, my majesty."

"Father stop it!" My Millie whines.

I and her father chuckle at the action.

"Here are some cookies made by my top chefs for your family, dad," I say taking out the giant basked full of bags of cookies.

"Oh my! We have been blessed! Oh, how can we ever pay you back for all this help!" Her father cried.

"It really isn't much, dad," I say smiling.

"Sorry to bother you, my majesty. But the King has requested to see you." One of my men said.

I sigh and stood up, "We should get going now dad, thank you for having us."

I said helping Millie up.

"No need my child!" My father-in-law says before saying his goodbyes.

I helped Millie get into the carriage before entering.

As the horses started running, the carriage moved slowly.

The only sound was the horses' feet running.

"T-Thank you for today.." Millie says breaking the silence.

I look at her in adoration and held her hand in mine. Her eyes drift to our locked hands.

"It's nothing, Love," I said smiling, squeezing her hands gently before caressing the back of her hand with my thumb.

What I didn't know is that Millie wore a small smile on her face for the first time ever since she met me.

A/N: Hey guys, uhm lawl. Sorry for not updating eh. NOBODY SAY "I FORGOT THIS EXISTED" OK?!