Chapter Thirteen Suffering

Dedicated to
 LevetteMclaughlinTaylornecole0927Shazzi1234CristeneMankasinghsarissaShy
_______________________________________________________________________________
April 5, 2018, Diana POV

    I'm running because there is hell at my back. My feet are pounding gravel and even in the darkness of the night, the streets are still lit. I feel the wetness of my after birth collects on my thighs as I run. I can't stop. I have to draw as many of them as possible. To give them time to get away. I stumble leaning against a wall until the hunter's pledge hoots fill my ears again. And I begin running again, stumbling and breathing so heavily it's hard to keep my eyesight straight. I block out emotion, pain, and exhaustion.

    They should have expected this, counted on it. There is nothing I won't do to keep Alex alive, I failed Saffronia... but he will live even if they shoot me dead. He will live even if I have nothing left to give. I've done what I swore to them, I have kept them safe. My hands touch the Elite Race compound wall. Slipping down the sides unable to see through the haze of pain. I force myself forward until the guns on the walls are pointed at me. The swaddling on my chest prevents me from leaning heavily into the wall.

    They yell at me to show my hands, they see the blood. How much pain I'm in but they don't care, they want to see my hand. My plays. I raise my head slowly and stare straight ahead. Every part of me is summoned to gain the bullet. But I need to make myself worthy, make me worth protecting.

    "My name is Diana Cannon! I am Letica's granddaughter and High Alpha's omega!" I'm speaking it over them over and over until they hear me above the chaos of the city. My voice is shredded because of my labored screaming, I need them to hear me and to believe me. I need them to protect me from what comes at my back.

    An Alpha soldier drops down from thirty feet compound walls in front of me then raises my head. He goes still and then whispers words I never thought I'd feel again.

    "Bambi?" He says and I blink my eyes trying to focus on him. The hooting and hollering of the Pi-Alpha hunter's pledge rises in volume. Then civilian screaming immediately follows. Beings of nightmare racing in the darkness, killing rather than moving the obstacles in their way.

    "CLOSE THE GATES!" Someone yells and this Alpha lifts me and begins running me inside. He is speaking. I can feel the vibration through my body but I can't hear it as I begin collapsing on myself from the influx of adrenaline.

    "Diana, I'm going to get you help. Just stay with me. You have to stay with me. Please Zeus will kill me." The Alpha begs me and I want to agree, to speak, to move, but the blood leaking from my crotch keeps me in shock. His face appears over mine speaking but I can't make out the words anymore. I use the last clean word to make sure I'm not dreaming.

    "Caesar?" I reach up to touch him to confirm he isn't a hallucination but then a loud bomb explodes and rocks the side of the compound.

                                                                                                    ~

3 Days Earlier, Kaden POV

     "Hello," I tell her but today her face doesn't even flicker. We moved motels to get away from the edge of Las Vegas city and more into the countryside. We need to be in a place where we blend in. Désiré got no words in edgewise on if Diana was willing to go to the Elite compound. He pleaded for her to just accept that we need her Alpha. He promised he wouldn't leave her somewhere bad. He even promised we wouldn't. Diana didn't flicker then, her eyes are vacant as if all she cares about are the babies. She eats when we say, she'll let Rho soothe her stomach, and she'll wash... do pretty much anything if we say baby's health. But anything about her, she doesn't care. If we were animals I'd think she was curling up to die in some alley.