Chapter Seventeen Survive

Dedicated to CristeneMankasingh and Lumped26
________________________________________________________________________________
February 3, 1997, Jessica POV, age 11

    'As the uplifted offspring of Letica, I have a certain power. Too young to breed, and too special to discipline. I am in a stagnant state. The perfect state, right now I am untouchable, every breath I take makes me worth more.' I look around the empty room and hit the bell on the floor next to me summoning a Gamma into my nest.

    "Is there a problem, Omega Jessica?" Anastasia, my Lead Gamma asks me. I study her and the way she quakes in my presence.

    "Why hasn't my bedding been changed? I need it to be fresh, my father wants me to explore more scents." I grumble to her, 'not that she would understand she is merely a Gamma... whole-heartedly useless.'

    "I will bring in the Rhos at once." She says and turns on her heel without my dismissal, and my lip curls up.

    "You disrespect me Gamma!" I snarl loudly, tossing the bell at her back.

    "You do not leave this room until I allow you to!" I yell at her, my nails digging into my own arm and drawing blood. 'Anastasia has been with me since I was small, despite being five years older than me she was bred to obey me... but lately, I can't see why I need her. I am an omega. I need no one but my Alphas, not some sniffling disrespectful gamma. Even the word is a slur.'

    "I am very sorry, Omega Jessica. I was trying to do this for you quickly," her eyes brighten as she tries to appeal to my understanding, but I scorn her. I scratch my other arm and approach Anastasia to wipe my blood on her hands before wailing.

    The door is forced open by my Êtas and they ask no questions, just seeing the blood and hearing my cries Anastasia is dragged out by her hair. Rhos, hustle about wiping me down and making a fuss over me. And I slowly begin to smile, 'I do not need that poison in my life.'

                                                                                                   ~

    "Secunde Omega what will happen to Anastasia?" One brave Rho asks me in the bath, but before I can answer the Êta returns. Three steps in, they position their back to me, not permitted to see me naked unless to comfort me during my heat.

    "What? I'm busy, can't you see. Stupid guard." I spit angrily, and the Êta nods.

    "Gamma Anastasia has been dealt with severely for the crime she caused." The robotic-toned voice says. The voice is scratchy as if it is rarely used. I stare at his back trying to determine why my heart seems to be pounding out of my chest. Why confusion begins to cloud my mind. When my grouping members disobey me the Êtas, usually whip them back into shape... quite literally.

    "Yes, well she deserved every whip she got," I respond, raising my chin in the air, why is he bothering to tell me this?

    "Gamma Anastasia wasn't whipped, Omega Jessica." The Êta says and I get mad.

    "She scratched me, hurt your Omega and she wasn't whipped? Bring her back here I will do it myself... you're all useless to me!! Worthless!" I snarl, my face twisting in distaste. The Rhos in the bath with me flinch and try to make themselves smaller.

    "She never made it to the sentencing room, Omega Jessica." The Êta says but he seems to be bouncing around something important to him.

    "Oh just spit it out, when will the disrespectful-," I go to continue and this Êta cuts me off.