Chapter Two Space

Dedicated to:  Nkechichibueze, (Thanks for commenting) CristeneMankasinghabbyforbes101
________________________________________________________________________________

February 4, 2010, Vico's POV

    'All of our missions were carefully thought out. Hook, line, sinker, or whatever the phrase is. We instructed the Little Ones to hoard blankets. They are many things the Elitist doesn't know about the Little Ones, that much they told us. So, we exploited this by making them believe they needed a commune bed. To support the strange development the Elitist readily gave them more and more blankets daily. Food was a tricky matter as we cannot hoard it. But luckily the betas knew away. Having spent most of their time serving the Alphas, the Betas were aware of extra food storage for the times,' Alphas' lose their minds and demand everything in large quantities. All it took was a simple key card extraction. Which, to Cavo's disapproval Kiki cozied up to a guard we've dubbed the 'bumbling fool' and made to seduce him and discretely snagged his key. The food will not be in our immediate reach, when we so choose to break out, we will have to go split up to gather food... It is a risk but if push comes to shove, we can always hunt.' I think, tensing at what I must do.

    'We located the weapons closet and created a smaller team to rob it an hour before we leave. It has to be this way because the weapons closet is in the most armored part of the bunker. Special admittance has to be used to reach that level. All of it comes down to now. I have collected everything we use to survive regularly, created our own tools. I delegated for those parts. But all of this means nothing if we don't have the final piece of the puzzle... Letica.' I sit upon the hospital bed clutching my arm. I am not adorned. To the Elitist knowledge, I am still in the Alpha part of the bunker. But it needed to be me to meet her, it had to be me. Because out of everyone, I am prepared to do whatever it takes to get her to agree.'

    "Quite a bad bleed you got there." The sotto voice says to me and I look into the shiny bedposts and see the wisp of a woman the people here have dubbed the Mother of the Elitist Race. 'I don't know exactly what I expected but I didn't expect her level of kindness in her eyes, nor the raw pain I can almost see vibrating around her.' I look at her stunted for so long I don't even realize I'm staring at her.

    "You're a strong boy I can see that. So, I won't lie to you, I saw you the moment you came in... but I can't help you High Alpha." Letica whispers and the allure to her in my heart is smothered.

    "Help me what?" I say obtuse as she cleans my wound.

    "I don't quite know; eavesdropping is something I've gotten good at over the years, but your people are pretty tight-lipped and even the children aren't sprouting stories. I only know it was you because I've known all of these people since the day they were brought in or the day they were born. I am ordained to give a christening. Yours is a face used to being in control, you don't fit the narrative as they say." She whispers, disinfecting my arm. I grow curious and curiouser about her, but I don't fall doomed to my curiosity.

   "They say you're a good woman. I can't see how since you are in fact here. And on the other side of the depravity." I comment dryly and she laughs as if the words are amusing but no smile flickers in her eyes.

    "My boy, there is no other side to the depravity, there is just pain. What the level is, is determining what type of pain you're in and how bad it is. These men that walk the halls are small fish in a big pond. There will always be someone stronger and better than them. But at the moment their narrative is correct... at the moment they are hungry sharks ready to rip into anyone who opposes. But not you, right now you are resisting that depravity. The Elite Race looks up to you, but you look down on why that is. Some of the Elitists honor you in their homes. They believe you are the start of a new chapter; I believe you'll close our chapter forever and I'm fine with that." She says and for the first time I see a trace of the human trait we develop in times of unfairness... vengeance.'