Chapter Fifteen Melpomene

Dedicated to: Lumped26
________________________________________________________________________________
Pearl (Isabella's) POV, (Four days after Diana gives birth to twins)

    I walk outside, because I need to see him. I have to apologize, he may never forgive me, but I have to try. I have to try for the girl I...killed?

    I hear him before I see him, the arena is being used as a prison to hold him, it was the only place twenty alphas could fit. I am not supposed to be here, and I worry this will be another reason he hates me. My heart begins to pound as the snarl and growls reach my ears. The sound is inhumane as is the yelling that follows.

    I reach the last gate and see my brother on his hands and knees pounding at the ground and releasing a roar so field with pain. His whole body is trembling and his clothes are raggedy as if he has been wearing them a while and refused to change. Tranq darts littered at his feet. But the one thing that frightens me more than anything is... he is covered from head to toe in dried blood. And none of it is his.

    "Calm, it's going to be okay." A bruised Cavo and Massimo try to reason with him on their knees out of range of the chains holding his neck to the ground. And my big brother begins to cry, and it is all my fault.

    "Alessandro, it's going to be okay." Equally as bloody Antonio tries, and I open the gate and I push through the guys to get closer and see why he is so- broken. But he moves and blocks my line of sight, he has to hate me and he still spared me.

    "I-I'm sorry Vico." I say and the Alphas move away from me as if I have leprosy. But Vico doesn't seem to register me, he begins scratching at his skin like a drug fiend. I get closer to him and see tape on the ground and step over it. Lucon, an elite race Alpha reaches to stop me muttering something I can't hear with the waves in my ears. And so I just harshly shake him off.

    "Still places you are not meant to be." Vico says his voice harsh and hateful. But it sounds brittle and unused as if words are torn from his vocal chords every time he speaks. He coughs suddenly and spits and a mouthful of coagulated blood in the dirt.

    "I had to... I had to come and... And you can hate me, you can rip into me. I didn't think of you or Papa. I- I didn't think." I am trying to come up with a way to explain. There is nothing I can say, I did something incredibly stupid, because I was jealous. Papa was spending more time trying to get Vico's attention than pandering to me. Papa never cared much about Vico, ever. He loved me, he spoiled me. His attention left me for two months and I rebelled. And my actions... caused this.

    "Go away Pearl." Dante says, trying to pull me backwards behind the tape. But I rebel, yanking my arm back and he lets me. No one touches the Pearl of the Italian mafia. And that is why they all hate me, why Vico won't look at me. I wasn't the target; I was bait, but they took someone important to Vico. And no one will tell me what happened.

    "Vico, I-." I swallow seeing the blood covering his clothes, and it doesn't faze me. I always knew the males in my family were killers. But I've been shielded, never to see it. It begins to faze me when Vico's head rises.

    "You are an ungrateful spoiled brat." He whispers and I lean forward to hear him. His words aren't mean, they are just final. As if that is all he will ever expect from me, like he doesn't even blame me for it.

    "Who did you kill?" I ask, I do not know why.

    "Many." He says it is short and final. And I nod as if it made sense.