Chapter 5

Teepakorn Aekaranwong is just a normal boy.

He studies in a normal college and lives in a normal dorm and has a normal part-time job. He has normal friends and normal hobbies that he likes to normally do on his normal days off. Knitting is one. Phuak says that it's unbecoming for a man to be caught dead, knitting beanies and socks. Tine says that Phuak should try saying that while not wearing the Christmas sweater Tine knitted for him last holiday season.

Anyway, it was on the account of one of these knitting sessions that Tine suddenly realized he had to go out. He preferred staying at home on his relatively relaxed days, because being a graduating Law student and part-time cafe employee really took a toll on his me time. However, he found that he had run out of yarn. He had been knitting a couch blanket for months, you see, and he had to keep putting it off because of certain reasons he refused to think about now. However, it was only lately that he had decided to pick up the task again, but now found himself missing a crucial material for his project.

The run to the craft store was quick and uneventful. He got in, bought around three bags worth of multi-colored yarn, and then got out. It was when he was going home that everything went downhill.

He was being followed and he knew it. He had seen the same black van three blocks back. Tine had taken three sharp turns, and a few detours into small alleyways, one where vehicles can't pass through.

He would always see the same black car once he reached the main road. And it wasn't a coincidence because Tine had tried going in circles twice now, yet he can still see the car there, from the corner of his eye. His dorm was just a few blocks away, but he would be passing a relatively deserted road to get there. On one hand, that road is the best place to conduct a quick kidnapping session. He would playing right into this creep's hands if their intention was indeed to abduct him. On the other, Tine was a relatively quick runner.

Making a quick decision, Tine took a sharp turn and sprinted.

   It wasn't a very good one

It wasn't a very good one. His ex had always said that he wasn't very good at split-second decisions, and Tine should have listened. He had made it halfway to his dorm when suddenly, he felt a hand snatch him by the waist and pulled him into a moving vehicle. He thrashed and he flailed with all his might. He felt a strong arm wrap around him and felt a handkerchief cover his mouth. His last thought was 'I'm gonna die without finishing my blanket' before everything went black.