Chapter 8

Any other bar would have been fine. In fact, Tine had been deadset to take Thyme to a completely different one. Great place, that one, Tine had said. Mixed up the best cocktails and had a picturesque sky lounge! But a few blocks away from the museum, they passed through a single-storied nondescript establishment whose only defining feature was the sign that read: Dim's Music Bar (Great cocktails!).

"Oh, look, a bar. We're stopping here." Thyme declared nonchalantly, to Tine's horror.

"No! Uh...I mean, this bar isn't really a good choice, I know a better one just a few blocks away if you'd just let me take you there."

Thyme raised a brow, "I don't really care about the ambiance at this point, Tine. All I want is a strong glass of vodka. They do serve vodka there, right?"

"Well, they do, but -"

"Then we're stopping here. Oh, great, they have parking."

    The lights were dimmed when Tine entered Dim's

The lights were dimmed when Tine entered Dim's. It wasn't what he expected, since it was already 7PM and the bar should be in it's peak operation by now. Yet, when Tine pushed open the wooden double doors, he was met by darkness and silence.

"Hello?" He called out tentatively, "anybody here?"

The mellow strums of a guitar answered him followed by a soft, crooning voice Tine would know anywhere.

"Hey," Sarawat grinned from atop the podium, the only place in the bar that was lit at the moment.

"Hey, you." Tine replied, his face melting into a smile. "What's up with all of this?" He asked.

"Nothing, really. Just a private concert for my Tine."

And then Sarawat played. Before Sarawat, Tine didn't really have a thing for artsy types. He was more into the popular jock types, like Joss. He liked someone a bit rougher on the edges. Sarawat was the exception, worming his way into Tine's heart with his stubborn determination and sweet smiles and the way that he looked at Tine like Tine was the sun that his world was orbiting.

Oh, and what a beautiful, beautiful exception Sarawat was. All of his past relationships paled in comparison to this...this love that Tine was feeling for him. Everytime he catches Sarawat's gaze, Tine's heart feels like bursting. Like hundreds of tiny little birds are inside his ribcage and pounding their wings to get out.

Sarawat reached the end of his song and reached out his hand for Tine to take. And who was Tine to refuse? One year into their relationship and Tine was sure. If it's Sarawat who asks, he can never say no.

"Tine," Sarawat began, "the past year that we had been together was the happiest year of my life. You have no idea how much waking up beside you makes me happy. How much you make me happy. Happy Anniversary, baby."