Chapter 16

Thyme knew he had royally fucked up when Type approached their table and requested in a polite but firm voice that First play something else. First was visibly confused but immediately acquiesed. It was then that Thyme noticed that Tine was no longer behind the counter where he saw him last. Panic coursed through him.

"Type? Where's Tine?" He asked.

Type looked at him evenly. "He's not feeling well at the moment."

"Where is he?" Thyme insisted. Type sighed.

"Mr. Chivaaree, I don't know what's going on between you and Tine, but my gut tells me that he needs some time alone right now. Besides," he motioned to First who was watching the exchange, "I don't think your date will appreciate being left alone."

First's eyes widened at being referred to. He raised his hands, defensively. "Oh! Oh, no! I-I was just leaving!" He glanced at Thyme who was still looking at the counter with a worried look on his face. "Besides, I get the feeling that my date has somewhere else he wants to be," First grinned. "Thyme? I'm so happy you asked me out and I really enjoyed today. Thanks for that. I'll see you when I see you!"

Thyme only nodded his goodbye, opting to bury his face in his hands instead.

"Type," he whispered, "I fucked up, didn't I?"

Type straightened. "I can't claim to have any idea what sort of relationship the two of you have, Mr. Chivaaree, but yes, I do agree. You fucked up."

"I don't understand what I did." Thyme said, desperation leaking into his voice. "What I know is I've hurt Tine." Which was what you wanted to do, wasn't it? An inner part of Thyme whispered.

But no. This wasn't what Thyme wanted at all. True, he wanted Tine to feel uncomfortable and jealous and perhaps a bit hurt to get back at him. But not of this magnitude. Not to the degree that Thyme could see the light in his eyes die. His heart clenched at the thought that he, somehow, caused this.

Type sighed. "It's not completely your fault, you know. It really is a popular song. Tine's getting really good at avoiding it, but we still banned that song in the cafe for him. He just probably didn't see it coming."

"Why does Tine hate it so much?" Thyme asked.

Type hesitated. "This really isn't my story to tell. But maybe just check who the artist is."

   From the information that he gathered from MJ, Wat was an artist  who debuted just a few months ago

From the information that he gathered from MJ, Wat was an artist who debuted just a few months ago. His first single was a song that he composed and was dedicated to the man that he loved. He was originally from Phuket, but no other details were known about him.

After knowing this, it didn't take long for Thyme to put two and two together.

Wat was Sarawat, Tine's ex who left him to pursue a career in music.