Chapter 11

There was exactly one week of radio silence from both ends. On Tine's part, he thought he had said a few words that might come off as offensive, such as suggesting that Thyme had misplaced feelings for him. And, well, Thyme was still his boss. If he did offend Thyme, Tine would prefer to steer clear from him, at least until his anger had calmed down.

Thyme, on the other hand, was pretty unsure how to proceed. In the days that they had spent together in the hunt for his mystery man, he and Tine had built an odd sense of camarederie. He could even say that they were, at this point, friends. The way he acted with Gulf's declaration of love was embarrassing, now that he's looking back at it. Friends don't do that.

What did friends do, though?

Well, Thyme and the rest of F4 liked to bully people in their youth. But Tine, with his Law student background, doesn't seem to be the type to enjoy that.

They could go clubbing like MJ and Kavin, but the thought of other men and women asking Tine for a dance suddenly made Thyme's stomach churn ( just gastritis, Thyme thought as he reached for antacid).

"Well, what does he like to do?" Ren said over the phone. Thyme had finally given up and called for help. Normally, he would ask Kavin, but talking to Kavin makes him remember kissing Tine as he thought of Kavin which, like Tine said, caused him to be confused about his feelings for Tine, and therefore talking to Kavin where Tine is concerned just messes up with his head.

"Uhm, he's a law student."

"What are you gonna do? Discuss the land borders of Thailand with him? What else?"

"He's a cheerleader?"

"Thyme, I love you but you know shit about sports."

"He knits?"

"Knits?" Thyme can hear the disbelief in Ren's voice.

"There's nothing wrong with knitting!" Thyme replied, defensively.

"Chill, I didn't say there's anything wrong. Okay, listen, here's what you should do."

   Thyme didn't call, text, private message, nor send a letter by  messenger dove for a whole week and two days now

Thyme didn't call, text, private message, nor send a letter by messenger dove for a whole week and two days now. Not that Tine was counting. Because he definitely wasn't. He's just worried because there's still one more person on his list. Yeah! That's it. And if they won't go through his list, then Tine wouldn't get his raise. That's the reason. And it was because of that reason that Tine resolved to extend the olive branch and make the first move.

Good day, Mr. Chivaaree! Tine winced at the typed message on his screen. Too formal.

Yo, Thyme! Too friendly.

Hello. Too bland.

Hi, Thyme! Just want to know when would you want to check out the last name on the list? There. Tine admired the sentence written on his message line. Pure business, but still friendly. Aaaand...sent.