Chapter o6: So Fine

"Hi, I'm back." I softly uttered, smiling at him.

He was completely silent. He just stood still and kept looking at me without saying any word back.

I started becoming anxious. Everyone remained silent, too. I can feel the heavy tension started to increase between us. 

Why hasn't he said anything back yet?

I stared at his eyes more. Looking for answers. I still can't seem to read his mind through it. 

Then, all of a sudden, I heard someone called my name. I glanced at my back and saw Jungkook. With his doe-eyes opened wide, he shouted so loud. "It is you!"

"Kook!" I shouted back.

He immediately run towards me. I did, too. We met halfway. I was quite surprise when suddenly he lift me up and swung me around.

I giggled so hard. "It really is you!" He cheerfully stated.

He put me down then immediately went for a hug. A very tight one I must say. "I miss you so much!"

I pulled away from the embrace and smiled at him. "I miss you, too!"

He glanced at everyone and yelled at them. "Yah! Why did no one texted me?!"

They all laughed and made fun of his whining state.

"Because you'll do that," Lisa shouted. Her voice was full of irritation. Jungkook's eyebrows knitted. "You'll grabbed the spotlight we made for my brother and Jisoo unnie's reunion!"

I gasped, feeling flustered.

"Oh," Jungkook apologetically smiled at me and Taehyung who just looked away.

"You're such a jerk!" Lisa shouted again. Jungkook just let out a nervous laugh and apologized to her repeatedly.

After all the commotion that has happened, we finally calmed down and decided to take a seat.

I keep glancing at Taehyung and kept stealing glances every now and then. His mind seems to be elsewhere. 

His eyes wanders on somewhere else and if not, he would keep fidgeting on his phone.

I immediately looked away. My heart broke at what I am seeing right now.

Of course, he moved on. You left him, remember? 

I bit my bottom lip as I swallowed a big lump in my throat, trying to stop this heavy feeling inside that has been starting to build up.

I guess I'm the only one stuck, huh? I inhaled deep and glance at everyone. I should snap the hell out of it.

This isn't the right time to be sulking.

"So, where have you been, Ji?" Yoongi asked.

I immediately smiled at him. "Canada." His brows immediately furrows as he glanced at Namjoon. 

I let out a awkward chuckle. "Yeah, we've been catching up with my Joonie bud right here, since last year."

"WHAT?!" They all gasped in unison.

"And I didn't fucking knew about this?" Jin yelled. "We've been together most of the time, Joon-ah! We started going on dates and shits. How come I didn't noticed!?"

"Oh, so Namjin's still going strong even at college, I see?" I joked. 

They all laughed.

"No, that's not the point!" Jin exclaimed. "I mean how!?"

"Oh, I remember!" Jimin shouted. "That time where Namjoon got a big deal."

"Yeah, yeah" Hoseok uttered suddenly. "The exchange student scholarship for two months."