Chapter 19: Unparalleled Support

"Jisoo and I-" He paused for a second.

 "-are back together." 

Everyone was silent.

He turned his head to face Joy. "You're a great woman, Joy. You deserve someone who will appreciate you."

 "And you knew right from the start I can't already do that, right?" Joy let out a whimper.

"I already love someone else," He took a deep breath before he continued again. "I hope you will find someone deserving of that love you've given to me and I wished that someone will reciprocate that with the same depth." 

He looked down. "I'm so sorry."

Joy sobbed hard.

"J-Joy," I softly called her name.

 Our gazes met. 

My heart immediately sank at the sight of her. Broken and defeated.

She let our shaky breath before covering her whole face with both of her hands to hide her tears flowing out of control and rushed her way outside the booth even without saying a word.

I forcibly bit my lip and pulled Taehyung's arm around my waist. I turned around and looked at the door that was left opened. 

I saw how she run outside and immediately felt the urge to follow her.

I took a step but suddenly  someone clasped my arm, stopping me from doing so. I turned my head back and saw Irene.

She was holding my arm firmly.  "U-Unnie," I stuttered. She lightly shook her head.

I started breathing hard. I don't know why but my mind was so sure that I'd be getting slapped from her. 

Accepting by one's lot in life, I forcibly close my eyes, waiting for her hand to get in contact with either of my cheek.

"Jisoo," She called out.

I slowly opened my eyes and met her gaze again.

Seulgi, Yeri and Wendy stood up and went behind her. "We'll go, Ji." Wendy stated before glancing at Yeri  and Seulgi who nodded at her the same time.

The three immediately hurried and chase Joy outside. My breath hitched when Irene's clasp on my arm tightened. 

"We all know this would happened," Surprisingly, her voice was still calm. I thought she would be fuming mad about the incident. 

"I'm sorry." I uttered, almost like a whisper.

I soundlessly sniffle, trying hard not to cry. I just know I'm not in the place to do that in front of them after our revelation.

"Don't be." She stated.  "Joy's one of my closest friend but you're a friend, too. No one was wrong here."

But the look he made with Taehyung was quite different. It was full of warning. "You all just got to sort it out."

Taehyung lightly nodded. "We're on it."

"Good, then." She stated. "Okay, leave Joy to us." Taehyung and I nodded at the same time.  

She then walked out of the booth and followed the rest of her friends to comfort Joy.

The room went silent once more.

Taehyung and I met gazes and then at the same time, we glance back at our friends.

I reached for Taehyung's hand and intertwine it to mine. 

I opened my mouth to say something when suddenly they all hopped their way out of the table and approached the both of us, making a big group hug.

All of them started sniffing hard while the others even wailed loudly.