Chapter o2: Buddy

I woke up to the ringtone of my phone that keeps on buzzing nonstop. I groaned in frustration and reached for it in the nightstand right beside my bed.

"H-Hello?" I answered. My voice sounded deep and hoarse.

"Did I wake you up?" Asked on the other line.

My mind was still nowhere. "Uh, who's this?" I yawned. I heard the other line chuckled.

Oh, it's a man.

"I'm hurt, Ji" He said. "You already forgot your favorite bud?" My eyebrows knitted at his remark. 

My mind still can't process what the other line is saying right now.

I stood up marched across the corner of my bed to open the curtains. The sun was already setting up, "Hello? Are you still there?" The other line spoke again.

I squinted my eyes and look at the phone screen. Oh Shit!

"Joonie, my bud!" I exclaimed. "It's you."

I heard him laughed. "Yes, it's me, you silly!"

"I'm sorry. I was still half asleep." I let out a nervous laugh. "My mind was not functioning right."

He laughed again. "Typical you."

By a twist of fate, Namjoon and I met last year. He was the transferred student for two months in our university.

Our little reconcile was a stroke of luck for the both of us. We were both quite shocked when we unexpectedly saw each other but in just a snap, we started hanging out and became closer than before.

After he came back to Korea, we still didn't lose our communication with each other.

We seldom call with one another and share what's new in both of our lives.

He never told anyone about me being here in this country. He immediately informed me about his conviction about it and that he respect my privacy and decided not to tell anyone.

"Congratulations for completing the second year of college!" He stated. I smiled right away after hearing the courtesy.

"You, too!" I giggled. "Congrats to us!" I answered back.

He laughed out loud. 

"Anyway, how are you and that Hae In guy?" He asked all of a sudden.

"Huh? Nothing." I answered right away. 

There's this guy in my block, Jung Hae In. And just this semestral break, he asked me out for a date. I couldn't really say no so I agreed to have a dinner date just once.

He was a nice and gentle guy. A man of great confidence and quite charming.

"I told him I wasn't really looking for someone as of the moment," I continued explaining to him. "Glad he accepted it well so we'll stay being friends, I guess."

"Bud, is it because-" He didn't continue.

"Because?" My brows knitted.

I heard him sighed. "N-never mind."

"Ah, o-okay." I said, getting weirded out of his strange respond.

Then, silence overcame us. "Joon?" I called out.

"Ah, yes. I'm still here." I heard him let out a nervous chuckle.

"I'm fine, bud. Really." I assured him. "Enough about me. Tell me about your girl, are you planning to court her sooner?"

I can imagine him smiling sheepishly right now. "Yeah, soon enough. I hope you can meet her, bud. She's so lovely." He stated.

"Aw, my buddy Joonie have directly hit by the cupid straight to the heart. Bulls eye!" I exclaimed. That made him laughed out loud at my witty comment.