Chapter o8: Still

I carefully grabbed my keys and wallet in the drawer and slowly crept out of my room in order not to wake the girls up.

I grabbed a jacket and slowly sneaked out of our house.

I drive my way through there and immediately saw Taehyung outside the convenience store. 

I took the farthest parking space. I took a deep breath before going out of the car. I looked around and immediately felt nostalgic.

Not the good type, actually but memories are still memories.

I marched my way through the parking lot. When I was finally near, he saw me and our eyes met. I instantly turned away, stopping a few meters away from him.

"Why'd you want to meet?" I asked straight away.

He sighed and looked up at the night sky. I did the same and looked up, too. The moon was in full light. Gleaming at us, as it will witness our heartfelt conversation once again.

"Sorry, Moon." I muttered.

"What?"

"N-nothing," I stuttered. "What is it you want to talk about?"

"You're still weird, you know that?" He let out a boyish laugh.

That made me stared at him, mesmerized. God, how I missed listening to that voice. That laugh. That boxy-smile that I admired a lot.

I took my gaze back before my emotions could give away. "It's midnight already, Tae. We should go." I turned around and started walking away.

"Jisoo, wait!" He quickly grabbed my arm to stopped me. 

I forcibly closed my eyes.

Kim Jisoo, be strong. Don't let your emotions get to you. Please.

I inhaled deep and turned to face him again. "Hm?" I gave him a little smile.

"Say those words to me again," My eyebrows knitted. "What words?"

"This morning," He looked away. "I couldn't properly talk to you. I don't know why. I guess I was too surprise that you're back. But I want to make it up to you." He glanced back again.

"Say it to me again." He stated.

"Tae, this doesn't make any sense, I-"

"Just say it." He pleaded. "Please."

I sighed. "Taehyung, I'm back."

"Welcome back, my Chi." My heart started raising uncontrollably.

"I missed you so much. I hope you're doing fine now." He let out a chuckle.

"I'm so happy that-"

"Stop." I cut him off before he could even speak more. I closed my eyes as I stopped my tears from falling and looked directly at his eyes.

"What are you doing?" I plaintively laughed. 

"I-" I saw how his eyes started to shake like he was starting to realize he's doing something unreasonable. "I-I don't know."

"I shouldn't have done this." He blurted out.

My heart sank when I saw how expression was full of regret. "I'm sorry."

I felt my lips trembled as I felt those tears I was trying hard not to give away, fall out of control. I didn't lose any second, and wipe it off. 

But still, I managed to give him a small smile and I slowly nodded.

"Y-yeah, I s-should probably go." I uttered in such a stammering mess. He couldn't met my eyes and just slowly nodded.