Papyrus x Nonbinary!Reader With Anxiety Hcs

Papyrus loves being social! In a way, that kind of contrasts with you, as your anxiety can get very bad. He'd love to take you out on a dinner date! But he's also scared it may cause you to have some sort of anxiety attack if the establishment gets too busy. He'd never want to cause his partner any dread! So instead he opts for a homemade spaghetti dinner with you! He makes it all himself, so he'll get overly excited for you to try his cooking. Though he's not very good at it, it may be hard to stomach. It's a bit sweeter though when you catch yourselves working on the same (and cartoonishly long) noodle. You two have shared a few spaghetti smooches and it throws him into a flustered skele-frenzy each time.

Often times anxiety can cause draining overthinking. Whenever that's the case for you, he'll act as your emotional support teddy bear! Even if he is a skeleton and probably uh... very hard because of it. That's what sweaters are for! Once he's probably cushioned, he'll allow you to sit or lay with him as you vent things out. If you are starting to get worked up, he'll tend to you all you need! He worries about you and therefore will act as your protector if you are in distress. He isn't training to be head of the royal guard for nothing! Comes in handy.

He'll take you out on strolls through Snowdin. But you will never be forced to attend any big social events or anything of the sort. If you prefer just hooking arms with him and taking a nice walk as he chatters along with you, then he respects that! If you're feeling like you'll be alright going out somewhere one day, you get to pick. Grillby's, the library; whatever you feel is within your comfort zone he will follow. Yes, he genuinely will go to Grillby's if you so desire. He may not like grease but any time spent with you is a perfect treat for him!

He will probably freak out internally if you start to have a panic attack. The rapid heartbeat especially, as he thinks there's something going on with your soul. He'll grasp your hands in between his gloved ones, and stay by your side unless you need the time to breathe. Using his gloves as stress balls, or a way to get a sensation that helps you stim. He'll help you keep on track with your breathing patterns, bringing you plenty of snacks and blankets so that you can huddle up once you've calmed down.

He knows that anxiety can sometimes cause people fatigue. So in turn, he's not going to push you so much. In this relationship, he's going to treat you in the healthiest way you can. Patience, care, and giving you aid whenever you so require it! He may be a hyper and social butterfly but in the end, your comfort is the most important thing to this lovestruck skele!