🍂 Chapter 1 🍂

It was an calm evening and so was the city of Calcutta was calm after a tiring day which all day was full of hustle and bustle of various activities which included not only trade activities but also some revolutionary activities which were unknown to the common people around. The passenger ship from London reached the port of Calcutta carrying many people, in which some Indians returned back to their motherland while some Britishers came to rule the land.

And within all these someone too came along with an determined will. As soon as he kept his feet on the land, which he called his motherland he closed his eyes and breathed the air which carried the fragrance of his nation and his soil in which he was born. He a felt an surreal feeling for which he yearned for last long 12 years. Yes, he returned after 12 long years back to his nation and now he was full with different emotions altogether. He could clearly remember a small 10 years boy along with his father came to this very port for going to London.

He remembered it was just a month after his mother's dimise which was an accidental death where in an attempt to save his youngest brother Batuknath or Batuk who was just a year old, from an chandelier which was about to fall on him, she lost her life. It was the greatest loss of his life which created a big void not only in his life but also inthe whole family . His mother was the string which tied his whole family together who consisted of people who were poles apart and after her dimise the whole family falled apart. The day of his departure was the heaviest day he faced, his Jetha Moshai (Kaka) Trilochan Roychowdhury was not willing to send him and thus was upset with his twin brother that is his father Binoy Roychowdhury who took this decision all by himself. Even he himself didn't wanted to go but there was no one who would convince his father and so he decided to oblige to the decision.

As he was about to move out of the Roychowdhury haveli , two hands hugged from behind as if to stop him from going. He knew whose hands they were thus without looking back he said , "Mujhe janne do na Mishti, agar der hogayi toh baba datenge, aur kya tumhe accha lagega kya ki baba tumhare da ko date toh ?? "
The hands immediately left him and he turned to face the person he wasn't willing to face while leaving as seeing that person would surely make him weak is what he knew as that person was none other than his little sister who was 8years old, Sharvari Roychowdhury who was the one he loved the most after his mother. He cupped her little face in his little hands and looked at her intently as if trying to fill his heart with her memories as he was very well aware he won't be able to see this face for next few years, but she took his hands firmly in her hands and said,
"Nahi accha lagega mujhe, par mujhe abhi bhi accha nahi lag raha hai ki aap ja rahe hai hum sab ko yaha chod kar . Maat jayiye na da aap ."
And she started sobbing uncontrollably, and this was the reason he wasn't willing to face her. While controlling his own tears he wiped her tears and while trying to console her he said ,
"Mishti rona baand Karo tum tumhe pata hai na mujhe nahi pasand aata hai jab tum roti hoo. Aur rahi baat Jane ki toh Jana toh padega na Mishti, baba ne jo kaha hai aur maa kya kaha karti thi bado ki saari baatein mani chahiye na ?? Toh mujhe toh Janna toh padega aur mein wada karta hoo ki mein jaldi wapas aa jaunga. Thik hai Mishti??"
But she jerked away his hands still sobbing and said ,
"Nahi thik hai da !! Nahi thik hai , maa bhi chali gai par woh bhi wapas nahi aayi aur jetha Moshai bhi kehte hai ki wo abhi kabhi wapas nahi ayengi , aur jetha Moshai Aisa bhi kehte hai ki jo chala jata hai woh kabhi wapas nahi aata, aur ab aap bhi jaa rahe hai ye nahi thik hai da, ye nahi thik hai da !!!"
With this she ran away towards her room while crying, he called her many times but they were of no use and he was about to follow her when his Jetha Moshai called him,
"Anirudh, rehne de usse hum samjha denge Mishti ko badme aur woh man bhi jayegi, tu maat ja uske pass abhi woh Teri baat nahi manegi jiddi hai tere jaise hi janta haina ??"
He nodded at his Jetha Moshai who was carrying his youngest brother Batuk in his arms while his other hand was holding his second younger sibling, his brother Somnath Roychowdhury who was just 6 years old and was completely unaware about what was happening around and why was his brother was leaving when just few days ago even their mother left . His Jetha Moshai continued,
"Tu abb ja tera baba baher Teri rah dekh raha hai , mai janta hoo tu bhi nahi Janna chahata hai aur tu bhi apne baba par naraz hai par yaad rakh ye sab tere bhalai ke liye hai , aur jaldi wapas aana yaha hum sab Teri rah dekhenge aur apna khayal rakhna."
"Ji Jetha Moshai", he replied and he touched his feet for blessings and then glanced at the whole haveli one last time and then at his siblings and jetha Moshai and ran out of the haveli and sat inside the motor car besides his father whose face seemed to be devoid of any emotions.
They soon reached the port the ship was already there and people have started boarding the ship , as he got into his cabin along with the caretaker his father as selected to accompany him his father just said " Take care my soon , we shall meet soon." With these parting words his father got down from the ship and left the port immediately not even waiting for the ship to depart and seeing this a lone tear rushed down Anirudh's eyes.

He was jolted out of his chain of memories when an Baggi driver asked him ,
" Kaha Jana hai babu Moshai bata dijiye,mai chod deta hoo "
Anirudh while wipping his tears which were formed even today at these memories said ,
" Tulsipur"
And with this he sat in the baggi and started his journey towards the place he called home , towards his family. Though he was happy to return back but he was very well aware that he will be flooded with many questions regarding his sudden arrival that too without any prior information despite they being happy about his arrival . He closed his eyes thinking how to answer them and the flashes of the events that happened on his graduation party flashed and with an jerk he opened his eyes, this was the reason he returned back and this was the truth he has to tell his family is what he thought to himself and focused on the road ahead ....

✧~✧

Sooo the very first chapter is here for you all !!
Hoping that you people would like it .
Do comment and hit the star if you have liked the chapter this means alot to me.

-AJAB 🍂