🍂 Chapter 2 🍂

The small village of Devipur was fast asleep after an good tiring day. The village had an wedding a day after tomorrow thus the surrounding was full with joyous vibes all around . It has completely ignored that fact that it was an child marriage again but none of them was bothered about it as it was completely fine for them as it was an age old tradition for them and traditions were something which were to be followed without questioning them irrespective of what effect it had on them . But the nature seemed to be the one who understood it and was sad though the people were joyous about it and thus the breeze were calm as if expressing it's sadness.

The calm breeze was something she loved alot and on top of that star studded sky was something she always loved see and make various patterns joining the stars as if they were dots meant to be joined to make figures. It was daily favourite thing to do before going to sleep and keeping her head in her mother's lap was an addition to her happiness. Her mother or her Maa was her only solace after her father who loved her without any barriers. Life was a little unfair on this little soul as it had snatched her father from her at an very young age whom she loved the most even more than her mother.

Her mother says that whatever she is today then it can be her curiosity or her habit to question and raise her voice against wrong, it's just because of her father and his different thinking from the world. For him his daughter was his most precious possession which was exactly the opposite of the world around as daughters were considered as an burden or tension to the father. She doesn't remember much about him or how he looked as she was just six years old when she lost him but she still remembered his loving touch and his affection towards her for which she longs now very much tough her mother fulfills the void created by his dimise. It had been five years, since she had came to her Mama and mami's place after her paternal family disowned her and her mother after her father's death, but she still missed him and thought that he would now come calling her name and she would run into his loving embrace but alas it was something which was impossible, but she remembered he always used to say,
" Bondi maa mai yaha rahoo ya na rahoo par mai hamesha tumhare sath rahuga, pata hai kaise??"
And she would nod her head in an no and ask him, " kaise baba ??"
To which he would just smile and reply,
" Kyuki Mai hamesha tumhare dil mein hamesha rahunga kyunki meri chotti si Bondita apne Baba se sabse jada joh pyaar karti hai."
And with this she would jump into his arms and reply, "Ji baba."
She just smiled at these memories which were a bit blur but enough to make her smile. But this was something which was on half of her mind whereas the other half was thinking about what happened in the evening today.

Her bestfriend Veena had came running to her house and told about her wedding which was day after tomorrow which was a sort of sudden shock for her, though her friend looked all excited for her marriage and was nonstop blabbering about it but here her mind was just thinking one thing how can one stay away from their Maa, Baba after getting married that too all at once suddenly. She even asked Veena ,
" Tu kaise rahegi vaha vivah ke baad apne maa ya baba ke bina ?? Yaad nahi ayegi tujhe unki ?? Mai toh sochti hoo ki tere dada kase Maan Gaye tujhe dur bhejne ke liye ??" She completed making a tensed face. Whereas her friend replied with great enthusiasm,
" haa yaad toh ayegi mujhe sabki par maa ne kaha ki mein agar maine vivah kiya aur vaha ruki toh mujhe naye kapde, mishtan (sweets) , gehne sab kuch milega aur rahi bat dada ki toh woh kabhi baba ki bat talte he kya bhala, bado ki sari batte manni hoti hai , janno na ??"
"Aree par...." She was cut off by her friend with,
" oh ho kya tu bhi Bondita kitne sawal karti hai , bas ab sirf chup kar , aur ha gal meri gauyo haulod hai toh tu samay se aa jana samjhi ?? Chal ab mein chalti hoo maa mujhe dhund rahi hogi ."
"Haan aa jaungi Mai , tu Jaa ab kal milte hai "
with this she saw her friend running towards her own house.

As she was in her own thoughts her mother patted her cheeks and asked her, " kin khayalo mein khoyi hai tu , kabse tera naam le rahi hoo par Tera toh dhyaan hi nahi hai mere pass ."
"Maa woh main Veena je bare mein soch rahi thi , parso uska vivah hai aur phir woh chali jayegi." She said again being thoughtful.
" Toh Teri khass saheli chali jayegi yeh soch rahi hai tuu...."
But she interrupted her mother and said,
" Nahii mai toh ye soch rahi thi ki koyi kase apni maa se ya apne parivar se kase door reh sakta hai maa ?? Maine Veena se pucha toh usne kaha ki aisa karne par hum jo chahe woh sab humme milega, par mai toh tabhi apni maa se door na jau ."
Her mother smiled at her words and while patting her head lovingly she said ,
" Vivah kar ke sabhi ladki ko kabhi na kabhi unke maa se door Jana hi hota hai aur tujhe bhi jana hoga , aur tujhe apne sasural mein dekh mujhe bohot Khushi hogii "
"Haww maa, mai tujhse dur jaungi toh tujhe acha lagega ?"
And with this she puffed up her cheeks and crossed her arms on her chest and looked in other direction showing her anger.
Her mother smiled and poked her cheeks and said,
" Pagol mei , tu jaisa samajh rahi waise mere khene ka matlab nahi hai . Mai bas itna keh rahi hoo ki haar maa ka sapna hota hai ki woh apni beti ka vivah hote dekhe, usse apne sasural mein khush dekhe samjhi !! Ussi tarha Mera bhi yahi sapna hai warna tu mujhse dur chali jayegi aur mujhe accha Lage asa kabhi ho sakta hai kya ?"
"Nahi kabhi nahi ho sakta maa , par phir bhii ...." And she was again interrupted but this time by her mother who said,
" Par war kuch nahi abhi, har baat par prash aur har prashn ko prati prashn karne ki aadat pad gayi hai tujhe. Abh tu kuch nahi bolegi chup chap soo ja bahot raat ho gayi hai ."
She pouted at her mother who fake glared at her and indicated her to sleep and she hummed in response and slept closing her eyes in her mother's lap.
Seeing her sleeping figure her mother thought, "koyi hoga joh iske kabhi na khatam hone wale sawalo ka jawab dega , isse samjhega, iska khyal raghega bilkul uske baba ke jaisa? Hey Durga maa meri bacchi ka khayal rakhna aur usse samjhe ase jivan sathi usse Dena , Dugga! Dugga !"
With this she too slept along with her daughter thinking and being worried about her future....

✧~✧

Hoping that you people would like this chapter.
Do comment and hit the star if you have liked the chapter this means alot to me. Kaan pakadke sorry for the delay as I had my mid term exam.

-AJAB 🍂