1 |Thanks But No Thanks|

In my life, there are different levels of friendship.

The boyfriends,

The best friends,

The cool friends,

The okay friends,

The friends you act sweet with,

annnnnd

The ones that you find no need to acknowledge most of the time.

Right now, everyone was fitting into a category that I didn't know I had. And that was the

'I don't know you, but stop judging me' category.

'So awkward...' I gritted out through my teeth, rocking on my feet. I held my new red bag on my shoulder and sighed. There was only 10 minutes before the final bell rang, and I knew this from the constant bickering of the groups of people walking past me. I looked around for the umpteenth time, trying to not look directly at the rising sun. Apparently, 'It's bad for your eyes' as my siblings constantly tell me.

In front of the foyer was a large fountain which spewed water beautifully and the interior of the school was extremely white. Now I had two things in my life which were white themed. My house and now my school. The school uniform on the other hand, was a button up white blouse, and a green skirt. The only thing that made me content was my shoes.

But where is the teacher?? She was supposed to take me to my first class.

I suddenly regretted agreeing to move schools.

Why did I do that for? I'm two weeks late, and now everyone knows everybody but me. I inwardly smacked myself on the head.

When my parents had asked me whether I wanted to move schools, I didn't want to break their hearts. This high school had had their IB results published in the newspaper since it was 'oh so high', obviously attracting my parents.

They had looked at me with hopeful looks on their faces and in a way, I didn't want to disappoint them. They always wanted the best for me, especially if it concerned my future.

It had been constantly drilled into my head that :

*Cue deep mature voice*

'It is better to suffer now, than later on in your life'.

I really did, and still do believe them.

Even if I had to say goodbye to my clique, studies was more important... Right?

I did what a normal person would do. Try to please them and go, 'Sure, why not?'

Didn't realise you don't know anyone here did you? I scolded myself. Stupid stupid stupid typical Chloe, always rushing and making a random decision at the most HORRIBLE time.

I tapped my foot in impatience, looking at everyone who passed me in the eye. I probably looked like a panda who lost hours of sleep because I had rolled about all night trying to get the perfect sleep position.

She said she'd be here. Where the fu-

My thoughts were cut off by a white bus screeching to a violent stop in front of me. I eyed it suspiciously.

Maybe the driver was a hippie. I leaned to my side, trying to get a clear view but the students coming out of the bus kept blocking the driver. Some of the boys stared at me for a moment as they realised I wasn't a familiar face, but I ignored them. Finally, when the bus was nearly empty, I managed to see who had driven the careening van.