14 |I Missed This|

Heya you all :)

Hope you like this chap :) From the votes, I know that the second cover is more preferred, and so I've officially changed it!

This chap is dedicated to someone who has been with me since I started writing! You're really great hun <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was time to apologise to Adrian.

Sitting at our usual canteen table, I narrowed my eyes and cracked my knuckles, chewing slowly on the surprisingly bland tasting potato salad in my mouth. I looked down at it and felt a pang in my stomach. For some reason, ever since Hugo and I had gotten together, I could barely eat anything. I was literally just choking my food down. The jitters were getting to me, and honestly, I could tell that they were getting to Hugo as well. We both sat next to each other, slowly munching our pre-loved food as we contemplated what to say to each other.

After word spread that we were a couple, there was a ton of pressure on us about what kind of things we did together or talked about. Beat had it so much easier. Because she was less social than I was, nobody minded how her relationship with Selwin was like - which by the way, was adorable.

Hugo put his arm around my shoulder and fed me another potato from my plate.

I smiled sweetly at him. I felt like I was on a strange kind of high, one where I was 'over the moon' happy, but also where I was inwardly aware and conscience of everything I did. But for now, things were really sweet.

On Monday, we'd covertly held hands in music class while Mrs Inorpe rambled on about stuff I already knew. He'd then accompanied me to the nurse when I got a headache... Just like I did for Adrian when he sprained his ankle during an intense basketball game.

'Are you going to speak to Adrian?' Hugo asked, finally deciding to speak.

I nodded, and looked around the canteen, ignoring the rest of the boys at the table. Not being able to spot Adrian, I turned to beat, who was giggling at something Selwin said.

'Hey Beat, have you seen Adrian anywhere?'

She shook her head and frowned. 'I've been seeing him at the library for the past week though. Maybe he's there?' After thanking her, I slowly got off my chair.

Hugo got up quickly, ready to follow me but I help up my hand at him. 'I need to do this myself.' I told him, my voice firm.

He nodded, sitting back down slowly, obviously reluctant. My reassuring smile to him was interrupted by a groan from Young, who was sitting opposite Hugo.

I looked up in surprise to see him glaring at his phone screen, his free hand clenched so tight that his knuckles whitened. 'What is it?' I asked him, getting worried.

'Huh?' He looked up at me, noticing my concern. 'Oh', he looked down at his phone. 'Its uhh, I lost this game of mini soccer.' He looked back up at me sheepishly, his hair poking his glasses yet again.

I chuckled, knowing how much he hated losing. 'Loser' I slurred, wanting to aggravate him. He narrowed his eyes playfully. 'I bet I could beat your boyfriend at soccer' he slurred right back. My eyes widened at this. I still wasn't used to Hugo being titled my 'boyfriend'.

Was this all happening way too fast if I was getting these thoughts?

No... Maybe I just needed an adjustment period.