12 |I want to be with you|

Hello everyone, I'm alive! If you are still here, reading my story, I want to tell you that you my friend, YES YOU, you are amazing. I feel as if I've failed you all, countless people have been telling me to update but it's been difficult! I've had to delete draft after draft because they didn't feel right!

So here it is, extremely long but it's here.

Sorry if it sucks, launching into this again is strange. Don't be afraid to give me feedback :) Sorry If I'm unresponsive or anything, I'm super busy with school!

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend's sister, the one who has been constantly telling me to update - Thank you so much for the support and I'm glad I'm finally updating

Happy Birthday Angela:)

Colleen

P.S If you've forgotten whats happening, reread the last few chaps!! >< I know I had to~

Guys I need your opinion! Do you like the cover above? I have another one which I'm going to put on my next chapter so can you check that out too :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somehow I've managed to distance myself from Adrian.

Somehow, he's let me.

It always made me feel awful when I thought about what I had done in full detail, and sometimes I worried whether this separation was permanent, so I avoided the thought of it. What used to be playful banter laced with affection had now become a terrible and sad routine compared to what we used to have.

It's been two weeks since we last properly talked at the piano room, and at first, whenever he looked at me, I had to avert my gaze.  I used to have to find the need to make an excuse and leave. But I can feel it now, he's slowly stopped trying to break the barrier.

At first, I did it because I had to. Every time I was with him, I felt overwhelmed. But nowadays, it felt like I was lying to myself and making an excuse not to apologise. I didn't get angry by just looking at him any more, and I thought about apologising from time to time.

Usually I talked myself out of it. I could see how much hurt I had caused him, and every time I looked at him, It just reminded me of what I had done. But, I was starting to miss him. Whether that made me prissy, or unappreciative of him, it was what I felt and I had tried not to get sick him, it just didn't work.

But... I felt like I had to punish myself for what I did before I let myself become friends with Adrian again. I didn't think he deserved someone as horrible as me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'You should have asked Adrian to prom'  Beat moaned at me through the phone.

We'd been through this before, so I sighed. 'I still haven't apologised to him, and I practically broke his heart. I didn't think asking him to prom was a good idea....'

'Well then why didn't you ask Hugo'

My heart nearly leapt out of my chest at the mention. Hugo had been there for me during this 'break' from Adrian. He knew that although I had been the one to initiate it with Adrian, it was still taking a toll on me. Hugo and I were now closer than ever before, and hung out way more than we had to.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her question. 'He practically refused to go at first - Remember? The boys had to convince him so I wasn't  going to add on to them' I laughed, 'Plus I don't really like him that way'

'Deniiaaalll' she slurred playfully then gasped. 'Hey you know he actually asked me whether you were going with anyone. I told him we were going together. And then guess what? He sighed with relief. I'm positive he still likes you'