13 |Yes|

This chap is dedicated to the awesome @shellylovesfood who has always been here to support me! Please read her book, 'Trouble'! It is so funny, and never fails to make me burst out laughing each time I read it!

Guys I need your opinion! Do you like the cover above? I have another one which I'm going to put on my previous chapter so can you check that out too :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know how when people expect you to say something, but you say something else, and they look at you like you're an alien?

That's kind of what happened. Except that Hugo's face expression wouldn't exactly be described as weirded out, but more of disappointment. I hope he didn't really expect me to ask him out, because that was not something I, nor CC would ever do. I've never had a boyfriend before and didn't even know if I was ready now.

I waited for him to reply, but his face was still slack. Thinking for another mini second, I tried deciding whether I really wanted to repeat myself again. Shaking of CC, who would huff, and then walk away, I slowly repeated my question but in a more detailed way.

'When you said that you came to prom so that you could be with me...' I explained, taking a drink of the punch. I rested my elbow on my free hand, and looked up at him pursing my lips, 'Did you mean it?' The tension in the air was thick as he gave me a small coy smile, and answered slowly.

'Of course, you're a good friend of mine. I want to be with you.' I squinted my eyes at him, scrutinizing the words he'd used. He'd put connotations of being in a relationship and being just friends into the same sentence. Under my gaze, he seemed to writhe. 'What I mean is-'

I cut him off as I put my drink onto the food table, starting to turn away from him. I heard him sputter, and then a firm hand on my shoulder pulled me back to face him again, this time much closer. 'Did I upset you?' he asked, biting his lip with worry.

'No no... It's just' I put my hand on his chest, noticing that he was barely breathing under my fingertips. 'Just as friends?' I managed to catch him gulp, as he took my hand, and pulled it down to his side, not letting go. As he leaned forward, I panicked and quickly turned my head to the side, scared that he was about to kiss me.

He spoke in my ear, his words soft and shaky, making me have to strain to catch his words which was being masked by the soft music - or maybe my palpitating heart beat.

'Do you think we should be more than friends?' His words slammed into my chest, making me breathless as I struggled for words.

'H-honestly, I'm not sure but for some reason I-' I was interrupted by a vibration in my pocket. I took a step back from him and dug in my pocket, desperate to cease the vibration. It always got me panicking. As I looked at the tiny screen and saw that it was my father calling, I held up a finger to tell Hugo to wait and answered the phone. I put my hand up to my free ear, so that I could hear clearly.

'Hey Dad?'

'I'm downstairs, hurry down. We're going home now', he barked at me. I felt a rise of anger. He either refused to fetch me or forced me to go home.

'You have really bad timing you know' I snapped at him, hearing him growl in response. Shit, here comes a car ride in silence.

'Chloe, it's late. Have you not checked the time? It's past 11.' His reply was surprisingly calm, so I looked at the clock on the right wall of the glass hall, and noticed that it was already 11:25.

'If you don't hurry down, I won't be able to send Beatrice home.' he added on. His tenderness shocked me and I decided to hold my tongue down. Beatrice's dad was out of town and she desperately needed a ride.