LI

"Are you two ever going to end up getting along normally?"

Lillian shrugged and looked to Daria. Her roommate didn't respond.

"We're going to have to deal with this," Leslie snapped. "I'm tired of watching you covertly ignore each other like a couple of reprobates. You need to fix whatever problem you're having so you can function with each other."

"All right," Daria muttered in frustration.

"No, I'm serious. Your relationship is an important part of the community of our dorm room." Leslie snorted. "That may not sound that important to you, but believe me, it's not fun for me to watch you two act like this." When neither responded, she continued. "It's like being the one person in a group who's not in a relationship."

Lillian looked up. It was something she had definitely felt before. "Sorry," she answered Leslie vaguely.

"I certainly hope so," Leslie replied. "You two had better get this fixed."

Daria looked to Lillian uncomfortably. She didn't seem to have anything to say.

"It's all right," Lillian told her absently. Daria nodded listlessly.

"More like it," Leslie muttered in frustration. She drew herself up to her full, diminutive height. "I have class. Fix this while I'm gone, will you?" She stalked out the door, throwing it shut behind her.

Daria and Lillian looked to each other with resignation. If Leslie said they needed to fix this, they would have to learn to deal with each other.

"I have news," Ashley announced.

"Oh," Dakota said, mildly interested. "What is it?"

Ashley smirked. "Mira says she can finally get enough time to visit. She wanted to spend some time with you in a couple of days."

Dakota's eyes widened. "When?"

"Ideally, Monday, but nothing is set in stone yet. She's trying her best to avoid suspicion, so she'll need to work some things out first."

"Monday," Dakota said slowly. "Monday would work."

"Of course it would work," Ashley snapped. "You're not exactly doing anything."

"Where are we going to meet?" Dakota continued in a thoughtful tone.

Ashley waved her hands. "Where do you think? I set up a meeting place for you about half a mile from here. I'll show you where it is tomorrow."

"Thanks," Dakota responded automatically.

"Oh, and she said that Ray and Em could come if they wanted to. Do they want to?"

Dakota was thoughtful. "I don't think so, but I could ask."

"That would be good," Ashley suggested. "Somehow, I doubt it, but you can always ask."

Dakota gave a half smile. Normally, he wouldn't even have bothered asking the twins, but learning he would be meeting Mira had boosted his spirits. "I can always ask."