Prologue

Bria

I opened the door to the gift shop part of the small concert venue and walked in, waving at my fellow coworkers. I looked at the walls and noticed the different shirts, hoodies and hats that covered the wall now. Yesterday all of the merchandise was for a local singer, but now I couldn't recognize any of it.

"Wait, who's performing tonight?" I asked as I made my way behind the counter and clocked in.

"Some rapper. I think his name is Tigger or something. He must be a big deal because he has a lot of people outside waiting for him." my manager told me. I laughed and shook my head at how little he knew about music. I'll never understand why he wanted this job when he knew none of the people that performed here.

"It's Tyga. He's a huge deal. I've been waiting for this show for a while." I said. He just shrugged.

"Whatever. I'll be happy when him and his entourage leaves. They've been in and out all day." he told me.

"They're setting up for the show. You should be used to this by now." I told him. I laughed when he waved me off.

Soon, two boys that I immediately recognized as Khalil and Za walked into the shop. I've seen them numerous times on TMZ hanging around people like Tyga and Justin Bieber.

"You guys can't be in here, the doors haven't opened yet." my manager told them.

"No, they're apart of that entourage you were just talking about." I told him. He looked a little embarrassed before he quickly shuffled to the backroom.

"What can I get you guys?" I asked. All we had was merchandise and drinks, so I knew if they wanted anything it'd be the drinks.

"Nah, we just wanted somewhere to chill for a while until the show starts." Za said. I just nodded my head.

"What's your name?" Khalil asked.

"Bria."

"I like your hair, Bria." He replied moving a stray piece of my Aqua colored hair away from my face.

"Uhm. Thanks..." Okay, that was weird.

"No problem," he licked over his lips and smiled.

"So, what's a pretty girl like you doing working here?" It was Za speaking this time. I shrugged.

"Needed some extra money to pay off school, plus I love music and working here I get to see a bunch of concerts for free."

"What you in school for?" Back to Khalil. Why are they so interested in my average life?

"Cosmetology, I want to be a make up artist." I said smiling proudly.

"That's wassup. You-"

"Bria!" My manager called me from the back and i inwardly groaned.

"I'll be right back." Khalil and Za both nodded and I reluctantly made my way to the back.

"Yes Jordan?"

"Why are they talking to you?" He asked looking past me and into the store.

"How am I supposed to know? They just came in and started talking."

"Hm. Well tell them you need to get to work." He said causing me to roll my eyes. He's so anal.

"We don't even open for another 30 minutes, and everything is set up. Chill." When he didn't say anything else I took it upon myself to go back out to the front. To my surprise Khalil and Za were still there. They were engaged in a hushed conversation and didn't notice me come back.

"You ask her!" Khalil whispered.

"Nigga you're the one that wa--" I cleared my throat making my presence known. They both stopped and looked over at me.

"I'm back..." I laughed lightly and gave a shy wave.

"Za has something he wants to ask you." Khalil said quickly and Za sucked his teeth shooting him a look. I just stood there oblivious to what was happening.

"Khalil wanted to know if you wanted to come watch the show with us backstage." Za snickered elbowing Khalil, who's face was getting redder by the second.

"Woah woah back up. What?" My mind was still trying to process what was happening.

"We, mostly me, wanted you to watch the show with us." Khalil said, his face back to its normal shade.

"Me? Why?" I wasn't trying to sound like I didn't want to, because I really did I'm just confused as to why, I mean I just met them. Barely at that. Khalil shrugged.

"You seem real cool. Like normally girls drool all over us when they see us but you were real chill." Now it was my turn to shrug.

"I mean, y'all are normal dudes, just like me."

"So come on, come with us" he smiled.

"Wait a second guy, I would love to, really, but I'm kind of working..." Za kissed his teeth and stood up straight from off the wall he was leaning on.

"Hold up, I got you." He started making his way to the back and before I could even stop him he vanished in the back room. He returned a few moments later.

"Boss man said you good."

"Wait, how did you-"

"Don't worry about all that." Za smiled and Khalil grabbed my hand pulling me out of the store.

Looks like I'm watching the show...

--
Hope you enjoyed the prologue! Stay tuned for Chapter One! For the most part we'll be posting weekly(Most likely Saturday's) so if you're ever wondering about when the next chapter will be, you'll know.
-your writers, Donny and Britt xox