four

Alana

The next day me and Bria were up bright and early. She had to go into work earlier than usual to help Jordan set up the shop and I tagged along with her so I could talk to him and hopefully get my old job back. I didn't want to sit around the house, bored all summer while she was at work. Plus, I could use the money so it's worth a shot.

I stayed behind Bria as we walked into the shop. I wanted to surprise Jordan, even more than I already was by popping up after not seeing him for so long.

"Oh, good, you're here. I have to go somewhere really quick so I need you to set up the shop." Jordan said to Bria. He still hadn't noticed me yet.

"Where you going? You said you needed help setting up the shop, you said nothing about me doing it by myself."

"Well I'm here so you'll be good.. Hey Jordan." I waved and smiled at him as I walked to the counter. I leaned across it and gave him a chance to respond.

"Alana? What are you doing here?" he asked me.

"She's visiting me for the summer." Bria answered for me, going behind the counter to get started on setting up the shop. She went to the back and came right back out with a box full of merch to be put up.

"That's sweet, but what are you doing here?" he asked me.

"Well, Jordy, I was hoping that you could give me my job back for the summer." He let out a small laugh once I was done talking.

"Why should I? All you did was use your phone. It's why I fired you."

"C'mon, Jordan, just hire her. She can help me set up while you do whatever you gotta do." Bria said. I looked from her and back to him as I let a big smile take over my face. I knew he was ready to cave in. He always did. He can never say no to me.

"Fine. Now I have to go. Bria, you're in charge." Jordan walked around Bria and came from behind the counter. I sent him a smile and a little wave as he exited the store.

Bria was stepping onto a little latter with a poster in her hand when I went behind the counter. She put it on the wall as I sat on the little stool that was behind the register and pulled out my phone. I was just going to check my messages and see if anyone had texted me then get right off, but then I saw that I didn't have any texts.. so I got on instagram. I began to scroll down my timeline when Bria started talking.

"Look at you, already on your phone. You just got this job back. You need to be over here helping me." she told me.

"Girl, hush. I'll help you when I'm done checking instagram." I replied. Right after I did my eyes landed on a picture of me and Justin in his car. It was from yesterday when we left the group to hang out. It looked like we were laughing about something. I was confused at first, wondering where this picture came from. Then I saw that @theshaderoominc posted it with the caption:

"Our roommates spotted the Biebs out with a mystery girl. Looks like their all smiles, could she be his new boo?"

It made me a little, I don't know.. uneasy knowing that people were already taking pictures of us and posting them for the world to see. I've only known him for a day and already I've been posted on one of the hottest gossip sites as his "new boo". It was really weird, and the fact that I didn't know the picture existed before now made it worse. I didn't see anyone with a camera while we were out together. It made me wonder if there were more pictures out there to be posted.

I was lost in my thoughts as I stared down at the picture until Bria walked over to me and took my phone out of my hands. She looked down at the screen before looking at me. She then looked back at the phone, putting it closer to her face.