Chapter 5

Chapter 5

~Nolan~

       Apparently, my group wasn't the only group who struggled with understanding what to do with the project, so Mrs. Davies thoroughly explained it to us before giving us time in class to work on the project.

       The moment we were allowed to get to work, Joel turned around from where he was sitting in front of Orchid as other students went to go meet up with their group members. "I have a very important question," Joel said. "Aviva Odell or Malachi Vance?"

       "Malachi," Orchid said right away. "The accent does it for me. I watch interviews on repeat just to hear him speak."

       "Uh..." Alan said slowly, going over the two options. "I think... this is a trick question. Can I choose both? I choose both."

        I already knew what my choice was, even though it wasn't exactly what Joel asked. However, Joel couldn't just mention two members from my favourite band and expect me not to choose my favourite member. "Ricky Lyon."

       "Ricky wasn't an option," Alan said.

       "Ricky is always an option."

       "That's not how it works."

       "You chose both and that wasn't an option," Orchid said. "So Nolan is allowed to choose the one where he keeps an eye on during music videos and concert videos because of his, and I quote, 'beautiful arms'."

       My cheeks immediately reddened at Orchid calling me out for my celebrity crush. "S-Stop."

       "I'm just teasing you," Orchid said. She picked up the outline for the project and stared at it for a bit. "I still don't want to work on this even though Mrs. Davies explained it more. It's too much work."

       "How long do we have?" Alan asked.

       "Two weeks," I said. "It's due next, next Friday."

       "Hmm..." Alan thought for a bit. "How about we read the book the Wednesday before, complete the project on the Thursday, and hand it in on Friday."

       "Tempting," Joel said.

       Orchid said. "I also agree that it's tempting, but I also don't want to procrastinate too long. It will probably be best to get it down and over with so we won't have to worry about it because knowing Mrs. Davies, she will also give us homework to do on top of the project."

       "Fine," Alan muttered. "I guess we'll take the responsible route. Real boring."

       "Don't worry, this is your last year of high school," Orchid said. "You won't have to worry about schoolwork once we graduate. Unless you're going to university."

       "Nah, I'll just work at the clinic."

       We finally got to work on the project, though it wasn't long before all four of us just wanted to give up entirely. Not because it was confusing. It no longer was confusing since Mrs. Davies explained it, but it was just hard working on something for a long time without a break.

       Eventually, I started doodling in my notebook, which made Alan realize he could take a break so he rested his head on his desk. Joel decided to go on his phone since Mrs. Davies didn't care if we used our devices when we were doing our own work. Orchid wrote down a few more notes before giving up and also going on her phone.

       At least we did get some work done. We still had a lot more to go, but it was a good start. We would probably be able to focus more when we met together on our own time since we wouldn't be in school. I'd like to think the building itself has the opposite effect on students and made them not want to do school work. Or at least, I was one of those students.

       I spent most of the rest of the school day just doodling in my notebooks. I couldn't wait to be down with this semester. It was so boring. I didn't have any classes to look forward to.

       The only thing I could look forward to was Jerome picking me up from school whenever he wasn't at work or at school. It was a lot better than going home with Alan and Orchid where they would constantly argue about who got to be the one to drive home.

       I kept telling them that one should drive to the school and the other should drive home, but they didn't listen to me. They both wanted to take every opportunity they could get to drive the car we had to share.

       As soon as I walked outside the front doors of the school, I was Jerome leaning on his car, looking at his phone as he was waiting for me. I hurried over to him and as soon as he saw me, he gave me a smile. And because of his gorgeous smile, I couldn't help but wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him down for a kiss.

       Once he pulled away, I just gave him a hug. Jerome chuckled as he hugged me back. "You are always so happy to see me after school."

       "Because I love you," I said.

       "Well, I love you too," Jerome said. 

       "Enough to have sex?"

       "My God, you are just a horny ball of sunshine, aren't you? I've turned you into a monster."

       "You've also turned me on."

       "Nolan!"

       "What?"

       "Whatever happened to not being dirty in public?"

       I shrugged. "I don't see anyone close enough to hear our conversation, do you?"

       Jerome sighed, but there was a smile on his face. "The moment we're home alone, I promise we will. But in the meantime, we do have to get home because Daisy misses you."

       I walked to the passenger door of Jerome's car. "You could have brought her with you. You know how much she loves car rides."

       "I... didn't think of that." Jerome got into the driver's seat. "I'll definitely keep that in mind the next time I pick you up from school, which will probably be tomorrow."

       "No work?"

       "Nah, I'm on the evening shift tomorrow again. It's easier doing the evening shifts now that I'm in university and all my classes are during the day."

       "Think I can go to your work tomorrow and you can show me all the hook up spots?"

       Jerome just stared at me for a bit, obviously a bit confused since I wasn't exactly keen on having sex in a public space. I still wasn't keen; I just wanted to get Jerome back for all the teasing he did to me when I was still getting used to being intimate with him.

       After a few moments of silence, Jerome said, "Nolan, you are very much confusing me right now. But, I mean, if you're up for it, I would gladly fuck you at my work."

       That was enough for my cheeks to turn red. "N-No. I don't want to do that."

       Jerome smiled and kissed my cheek. "I'm just teasing you back."

___________________

horny nolan is my favourite nolan. it's so weird but also so fun to write.

(also i too would pick ricky, nolan. you've got good taste)