Chapter 10

Chapter 10

~Jerome~

       I had been in bed ever since I came home from my class, not really feeling like doing anything. I was just glad I didn't have anything due for the next few days, meaning I could really relax and hopefully try to get through my newfound insecurity.

       I really thought I wouldn't have cared that someone had a crush on Nolan. In the moment, I didn't care. But then I thought about it and started to worry that maybe, Nolan really was settling with me. And maybe, he would eventually dump me to try being with someone else.

       Even after assuring me he wouldn't, I still couldn't help thinking about it.

       Nolan came home and walked into the bedroom, immediately dropping his backpack onto the floor before flopping beside me on the bed. "How are you doing?" he asked.

       "I've been better," I said. "Just exhausted. Mentally, that is."

       "I get that," Nolan said. "So even though you are feeling mentally exhausted, are you up to going somewhere tonight?"

       "Where?"

       "Okay, first, hear me out..."

       I propped my arm up, resting the side of my head on my hand. "You know, when people say that, it's not something they want to hear."

       "It's not bad. I mean, I hope not. It's just... I know this is late notice but there's a school dance tonight and I kind of want to go. But I don't really want to go without you so if you want to..."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Nolan, I graduated from high school. I don't think I'll be allowed at the school dance."

       "No, you are," Nolan said. "I asked Mrs. Goth if guests are allowed, and she said they are so long as a form is filled out. Normally, the form has to be filled out a few days before the dance, but she's a lot more lenient if the guest is an alumni. Mrs. Goth just told me to make sure you don't cause any disruption if you come..."

       "Well, now I want to come and cause some disruption."

       Nolan frowned. "I'm pretty sure you'd get kicked out."

       "I'm just teasing you." I laid on my back, looking up at the ceiling as I tried to decide if I was willing to leave the house later tonight to go to the school dance. Honestly, I didn't even know if I would be willing to until closer to the time. "I might be up to going. I'm not sure."

       "You'd rather wait until it's almost time to leave to decide?"

       "Yeah, exactly. Sorry for not giving you a definitive answer."

       "No, don't worry about it. You do the same for me. But in the meantime..." He sat on top of me, straddling me with his legs. He leaned down pressing his lips on mine. I sat up, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling me closer.

       At least Nolan always being eager to kiss me, and to do a lot more, was enough to push my insecurities aside. I didn't know how long it would last, but I knew it was something I had to work on.

       Which was why when it was almost time for the school dance, I agreed to go with Nolan. Spend some time with him outside of the house. Have some fun. Let loose.

       Unfortunately, it kind of seemed a bit hard to do when I saw that Joel was at the dance too. I didn't want to hate him. I didn't know him well enough and for all I know, he could be an extremely nice person. But I couldn't help feeling some sort of hatred whenever I saw him.

       No one really noticed my clear hatred, except for Brandon, who was also at the dance because Alan invited him. However, he didn't really ask me about it until the two of us were alone while our boyfriends went to get some food.

       "Alright," Brandon said, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Why do you keep glaring at that guy over there?"

       "Am I?" I asked. 

       "Uh, yeah," Brandon said. "It's probably not as noticeable to anyone else, but as your best friend, I can definitely see that you hate him."

       I sighed, rubbing my forehead. "He asked Nolan out."

       "So?"

       "What do you mean so?"

       "That's exactly what I mean? So what? Nolan is, like, madly in love with you. I don't think anything is going to change just because someone asked him out."

       I leaned back against the wall we were standing by. "Easy for you to say."

       Brandon snorted. "Jerome, someone literally asked Alan out last week. Another person asked him out three months ago. And sure, it might be hard not to be mad at those people, but Alan chose me. Just like how Nolan chose you."

       "I know," I said. "I know you're right. It's just... I don't know. It's stupid. It's like... some form of jealousy, I guess? If that makes sense."

       "Not really," Brandon said. "But hey, you should do what I do. Whenever there's someone nearby that likes Alan, I rub it in their faces that he's my boyfriend and not theirs."

       "Oh, please, you take any opportunity you can to make out with him. I doubt you need the excuse of someone who likes him standing nearby."

       Brandon shrugged, not even denying it. "Look, just try not to worry too much about that one guy. You and Nolan are so much in love that I don't think one guy is going to ruin it. Focus on Nolan, okay? Just Nolan."

       In theory, it seemed like an easy thing. In practice? Not so much. But on the bright side, I knew I could talk to Brandon about this if I didn't want to burned Nolan with my insecurities over and over again.

       Nolan soon came back to me when a slow song started playing. "Come dance with me," he said, pulling me to the middle of the dance floor.

       "But what if I don't want to?" I asked jokingly, even though it was very obvious that I was more than willing to slow dance with my amazing boyfriend.

       "Then I will just burst into tears. Right here."

       "Well, it's a good thing that I do want to dance with you."

       We got to the middle of the dance floor, so Nolan smiled at me before leaning up and pressing his lips on mine. He then wrapped my arms around his waist before he wrapped his own arms around my neck. "Thank you for coming with me," he said.

       "Thank you for inviting me," I said. I rested my forehead against his. "I love you so much, Nolan."

       "I love you, too."

       Nolan, being the horny person he was, decided he wanted to show me exactly how much he loved me by leading me out of the gymnasium and to a secluded corner of the hallway. His lips attacked mine as his hands reached up, curling his fingers in my hair.

       I kissed him back for a while before deciding this was probably not the best place to make out since anyone could spot us at any given moment. I pulled away from him, but Nolan's lips when to my neck instead. "Hey, hey," I said. "How about we go somewhere else?"

       "Can't," he mumbled into my neck. "The rest of my family is home."

        "Ah, so you want to do it here instead."

       Nolan pulled away, his cheeks flushed. "N-No, I didn't mean... That's not what..."

       I leaned down, my lips barely touching Nolan's ear. "I know a place we can go."

       Nolan's cheeks were still flushed, but he pressed his lips on mine before saying, "Lead the way."

_____________________

i love these two so much i can't.

buuuuuut get ready for some drama soon >:)