Chapter 54

Chapter 54

~Jerome~

       I walked inside my bedroom after having returned home from work, seeing that Nolan was still in bed. It didn't even look like he had moved all day. At first, I was worried that something was going on with him and he was feeling well mentally, but he smiled at me when he saw me. He held out his arms. "I want to snuggle."

       I smiled back at him and walked over to the bed, leaning down and giving him a kiss before he wrapped his arms around me then pulled me on the bed with him. "Have you been in bed all day?" I asked.

       "Uh huh," Nolan said. "The bed and my weighted blanket is very comfortable, so I didn't feel like getting out of bed. And I'm mentally preparing myself for when summer arrives, because I hate summer and will probably be lying in bed all day."

       "You like lying in bed all day no matter what the season is."

       "Shh... Don't expose me."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Who would be exposing you to? It's only me and you in the room. And Daisy, but I'm pretty sure that she knows you like lying in bed all day considering she's snuggling with you." I wasn't going to force Nolan to get out of bed, so I just got under the blankets with him. "You deserve to lie in bed all day for a bit if you want. You finished high school after all, and that was a huge struggle for you. I know I've said it already, but I'm proud of you."

       Nolan smiled at me. "Thank you. I just hope university isn't too much of a struggle for me."

       "I don't think it will be," I said. "At least not for the petty drama and bullying. Most people don't care for rumours and stuff, especially since a lot more people attend university than high school, so no one bothers getting to know everyone."

       "That will help. I just don't get why people are so interested in other people's lives.."

       "I mean, people are interested in my life because I'm a hot human being, so it's not too surprising."

       Nolan continued to smile at me. I thought he was going to get annoyed at me calling myself hot, even though I totally am hot, but he just agreed with me, "You're not wrong. You're especially hot when you're naked. Wanna get naked?"

       No matter how many times Nolan said something sexual, I didn't think I could ever get used to it, especially since he would always get flustered whenever I said something sexual when we first started dating. I mean, he still got flustered at times whenever I said something sexual.

       "Nolan," I said. "Your family's home."

       Nolan sighed heavily. "My life is ruined."

       "Because I won't get naked?"

       "Exactly."

       I just chuckled as I kissed the side of his head. I would absolutely love to get a lock for our bedroom door, but I didn't have a say in it because it wasn't my house. Besides, I think Grayson and Poppy would rather not have a lock on Nolan's door for safety reasons, as unfortunate as it was.

       Nolan went back to watching his favourite movie on the TV, so I watched it with him. I honestly lost track at how many times we had watched it, but I never mind watching it. It was hard to complain when it was his favourite movie and he got so excited to watch it.

       Nolan curled up next to me, resting his head on my chest and soon enough, he fell asleep. I couldn't help but run my fingers through his hair as I stared at him lovingly. I still couldn't believe how lucky I was to have him in my life. How lucky I was to have him as my husband. He was the sweetest, most amazing person I had ever met.

       I couldn't even imagine how my life would have been like if I hadn't met Nolan. I didn't even want to think about it.

       Nolan didn't nap for too long; he woke up just around the time the movie ended and once he noticed it, he decided to start the movie over, claiming that he missed a bunch of it.

       "Nolan, you've seen the movie so many times," I said. "I don't think falling asleep once to it is going to change anything."

       "But it is. I missed my favourite part."

       "You once said your favourite part was the beginning of the movie all the way until the end."

       "Exactly. I fell asleep, so I missed some of it. I need to watch it again."

       Once again, I couldn't even complain about it. If it was something he enjoyed and something that made him happy, I didn't think I could complain about it. Besides, it wasn't like he was forcing me to watch it with him. I could just do something else in the room if I wanted to.

       But I was happy enough just snuggling with Nolan and partially paying attention to the movie while watching videos on my phone. 

       Nolan ended up pausing the movie and sitting up, looking a bit serious. "Can I talk to you about something?"

       I sat up as well. "Yeah, of course. Is everything okay?"

       Nolan hesitated before he nodded. "Yeah... For the most part. I'm just... A bit worried starting university. N-Not because of other people but..." He sighed. "I'm going to be studying art and I'm afraid my art isn't going to good."

       "Nolan, your art is good," I said. "You've been commissioned by the mayor twice. You're basically her go-to artist for any projects she wants to get done. She wouldn't have commissioned you if she didn't think your art is good."

       Nolan laid back down on the bed. "Yeah, but... It's not like she grades my projects. What if I flunk out of university? What if my professors think my art is the worst they've ever seen? What if--"

       "Nolan," I interrupted. "It's good that you're going to university to study art but at the same time, your talent isn't defined by grades. I don't think any creative classes should be defined by grades so no matter what the your professors say, just know that you are extremely talented. And if it will make you feel better, I'll let you paint me nude right now."

      Nolan's cheeks burned red as he covered his face with his blanket. "S-Stop. I don't want anyone else to see that."

       "I'm just teasing," I said. I gently tugged the blanket away from Nolan's face. "I'll keep saying it. You'll extremely talented. So fucking talented." I stroked his cheek. "I know university can be nerve-wracking, but you shouldn't worry about anyone thinking your art is bed."

       Nolan sighed. "I'll try, but my anxiety is convincing me otherwise. But you did make me feel a bit better. I'll feel even better if you could get naked."

       "Sure. If you could paint me naked."

       "Never mind."

__________________

horny nolan is still my favourite nolan, especially because he still gets flustered lol.

anyway stan jerlan, my ultime favourite couple.