Chapter 51

Chapter 51

~Nolan~

       Jerome had just gotten home from work, so it was no surprise to see him lounging around on our bed, looking at his phone while the TV was playing for some background noise. While he didn't mind his job, there were times where he couldn't stand it.

       Which was fair. Any job working in retail was a nightmare when it came to certain customers who always thought they were right. 

       I was glad I either worked in my family's clinic or made some decent money with art commissions. I didn't think I would ever be able to work in retail. One customer could look at me the wrong way, and I would start crying.

       I was doing my homework at my desk, but as soon as I finished, I walked over to the bed and flopped down beside Jerome. He looked at me with a smile before looking back at his phone.

       "I have something super important to ask you," I said. "And if you say no, I'm going to cry. So, like, just think of me sobbing while you think of an answer."

       "You know, I always say yes to you," Jerome said.

       "Unless it's me asking to have sex."

       Jerome looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "Well, is it about sex?"

       "Actually, no. It's something else. Something super important. Super duper important."

       "Super duper," Jerome repeated. He ruffles my hair. "You're so cute."

       "I know, but I'm being very serious right now."

       Jerome nodded. "Right, right. So what's this super duper important thing you need to ask me?"

       "Will you go to my prom with me?"

       Jerome sat up as he smiled at me, running his hands through my hair that he already messed up. "Of course I'll go to prom with you. In fact, I was waiting for you to ask me because I didn't want to assume that I would be going with you."

       "Uh, you should have assumed. You're my husband."

       Jerome smiled at that word, like he always did whenever I put emphasis on it. I didn't think the two of us would ever get over this honeymoon phase. And speaking of...

       "You know, when I graduate, we should go on a honeymoon."

       "I would very much like that. Ooh, we should go somewhere scorching hot. Like a place everyone likes going to for the summer."

       I glared at Jerome. "Right, because nothing says a honeymoon like bringing me to a place that's very hot and very crowded."

       "I'm just teasing you, Nolan. I would prefer to go somewhere cold, too. Though, it might be best to wait later on in the year if that's the case."

       I nodded. "If it means we can go somewhere very cold, then I'm fine waiting. Ooh, we should go to Antartica. Cuddle with some penguins."

       "As fun as it sounds to cuddle with penguins, I don't think we should go somewhere that's freezing cold. Just... reasonably cold sounds better. Like... Whistler, maybe? Swiss Alps? Basically, any ski resort."

       "That sounds good. Now that it's all sorted out, let's have sex."

       Jerome immediately laid down on the bed, closing his eyes. "I can't. I'm asleep." He then proceeded to fake snore.

       I took the opportunity to put the blankets over us before scooting close to him, resting my head on his chest. "That's okay. I'd rather cuddle anyway. I wasted a lot of my energy doing my homework. I can't wait until I'm done with school work. Just a few more weeks to go."

       "You know, you'll still have to do schoolwork in university, right?"

       I sighed. "Don't remind me." At least I'm going to be an art student, so any homework I have would have to do with art, which wouldn't bother me too much.

       Until I was forced to take science and math electives since I was going to be a fine arts major. Why did art students have to take science and math electives as part of their degree? Probably to milk more money out of us.

       I was feeling very comfortable snuggling with Jerome that I ended up falling asleep. It didn't help that I always felt tired, and I was used to snuggling with Jerome at night, so it was no surprise, really.

       Jerome only woke me up when dinner was ready, though I didn't feel like eating. Not because I wasn't hungry, but because I was too comfortable in Jerome's arms.

       "Come on, Nolan," Jerome said. He tried getting up, knowing well enough that I would end up following him, but my grip on him was too strong for him to move. "We need to go eat something."

       "No. I'm comfy."

       "Okay, but we can snuggled after we eat. We can even watch a movie or something. Your favourite movie, in fact."

       "I refuse to watch that movie with you since we said it's not a sad movie."

       "How to Train Your Dragon isn't a sad movie, Nolan."

       "How dare you think it's not sad?"

       "Just because there are some sad moments, it doesn't mean it's a sad movie. Hiccup ends up getting the vikings to realize that they can get along with dragons. You're telling me that the ending is sad?"

       I scowled as I moved away from Jerome. "Fine. Invalidate my opinion. See if I care."

       Jerome ruffled my hair. "You're cute when you're angry."

       I swatted his hand away, but Jerome just pinched my cheeks instead. He kissed me before saying, "How about after dinner, we plan our honeymoon instead? We are going to want to plan a few months in advance so we don't struggle finding a place to book. And we can do it while watching your favourite, very sad, movie."

       "No. Go eat without me. I'm mad at you."

       Jerome ignored me, probably because he knew I was just being dramatic, so he grabbed my hand and gently pulled me off of the bed so we could go downstairs to eat. It was fun being dramatic, after all. I was just glad Jerome never got mad when I was being dramatic on purpose. He was able to tell when I was doing it just for fun.

       Another reason why he was such an amazing husband."

________________

husbands together at prom >>>>

i still can't wait to write about joel finding out nolan married jerome >:)