Chapter 8

Chapter 8

~Jerome~

       The moment I got home, I was greeted by Daisy who seemed very happy to see me. I crouched down, scratching her behind her ears. It wasn't often she greeted me because she was normally too occupied being glued to Nolan.

       In fact, Daisy soon left me and walked back to the living room, hopping onto the couch to sit beside Nolan. Considering he was in the living room with Orchid, Alan, and Joel, my guess was that they were once again trying to look on their group project.

       The difference was that this time, they actually seemed focused. Well, except for Alan who was playing his stabbing game again. We was using a pencil like last time, so I was surprised nobody had taken it away from him yet.

       Especially Ryder, who was sitting in the kitchen and looked like he was judging Alan. For some reason, Ryder always looked offended when his siblings were ignoring their schoolwork as if it was directly impacted him.

       My stomach slightly growled so I made my way to the kitchen to try to find something to eat even though part of me was telling myself I didn't need to eat anything. I bet as soon as I looked at all the food in the fridge and cupboards, I would start to feel nauseous.

       And of course, I was right. My stomach hurt just look at all the food, trying to figure out what I could make, even for a quick snack. I think that was the hard part about recovering; learning how to make my own meals again. I did sometimes but recently, staring at a bunch of food that hadn't been mixed together just made me less likely to eat.

       Nolan got up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen. He opened the fridge, pulling out a sandwich wrapped in saran wrap. He then held it out towards me. "I made this for you for when you got home. I... figured it would be easier for you to have something already made."

       I took the sandwich from Nolan before giving him a hug. "Thank you. This actually helps a lot."

       "Want me to eat something with you?" Nolan asked.

       I shook my head, although I was extremely grateful Nolan offered. I was glad I opened up to him, otherwise I would still be struggling in silence as oppose to having my very amazing boyfriend here for me. "No, but thanks for offering. I think I'll be fine just eating in the kitchen."

       "Are you sure?"

       "Yeah. Besides, you need to work on your project. Also, you probably have to take the pencil away from Alan."

       "I tried. He has a surplus of pencils." Nolan kissed my cheek before heading back to the couch to continue working with his group.

       I sat down beside Ryder at the kitchen counter, and he surprisingly didn't tell me to go away. Though, he still seemed offended at Alan not doing his work so he was probably too focused on that instead.

       I unwrapped the saran wrap from the sandwich and stared at the food before taking the smallest bite. I really didn't feel like eating, but I also hadn't eaten anything all day and it was already late afternoon. I knew I had to eat something.

       "Hey," Ryder said in a quiet voice, probably so his siblings wouldn't overhear whatever it was he was about to say. "I've been watching them work on their project for a while now."

       "Wow, really?" I asked. "I had no idea. Seriously, though, you look like you're immensely judging them."

       Ryder glared at me. "I'm not judging their work ethic. Well, I'm judging Alan's, but that's because he keeps playing that game even after getting at least three pencils taken away from him. But that's not what I wanted to say. That Joel guy is constantly looking at Nolan."

       "Well, it would be weird if he didn't look at Nolan when they're working together."

       Ryder sighed heavily. "Not like that, you dumbass. I mean... looking."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Looking...?"

       "Oh my word. He keeps giving Nolan serious heart eyes. That same heart eyes you give Nolan, just not as intense."

       "Oh." I took another small bite out of my sandwich, looking over at Joel. He wasn't looking at Nolan right now, but after a few moments, he did look at Nolan and smiled. "I don't blame him."

       "Seriously?" Ryder asked. "Some other guy likes your boyfriend and that's your reaction?"

       "What do you want me to say?" I asked. "He isn't the first person to like someone who's in a relationship. Besides, Nolan had to deal with Anita liking me when we first started dating."

       "That's different."

       "How so?"

       "For starters, Anita isn't your type at all. She's a girl. You're gay. Joel, on the other hand, does have a chance with Nolan."

       "Eh, not really. Nolan's in a relationship, so I'd have to say that Joel doesn't have a chance at all."

       Ryder stared at me for a bit before saying, "I'm astonished by your lack of jealousy. Seriously, whenever I find out someone likes Mae, I feel like fighting them."

       "Well, I'm not a jealous hot-head."

       "You're a hot-head."

       "I am hot, aren't I?"

       Ryder scoffed, completely done with this conversation. He got up from the counter before heading upstairs to get as far away from me as possible. 

       I looked back at Joel, seeing that he really was constantly looking at Nolan. Frequently. Still, I didn't feel any sort of jealousy. I may not be confident in myself right now, but I was definitely confident in my relationship with Nolan. I didn't mind that someone else liked him.

       Besides, who wouldn't like Nolan? He was the most adorable, sweet, talents guy to ever walk on the planet. It wasn't a big deal that someone else liked him. You know, unless Joel purposefully tried to get in the way, but I didn't know him well enough to make that judgment.

       Right now, I didn't see the issue with it.

__________________

famous last words, jerome.

i mean what?

i have a presentation today in one of my classes. i hate talking in front of people, please someone kidnap me so i don't have to go.