Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~Nolan~

       If I was being honest, I was surprised that school was going well for me recently. Of course, I wasn't perfectly, mentally sane every single day. Some days, it did take me a while to get out of bed but once I was at school, I never really had any problems.

       Part of me was thinking that eventually, I was going to have a very crappy day at school. I knew I shouldn't be thinking like that, but I couldn't help it.

       I guess I got so used to public school going wrong that it felt weird when things were going well. 

       The only thing I was truly hating about going to school, so far, was the stupid group project we had to work on. I had nothing against our teacher, but she was constantly adding aspects to the project that wasn't in the outline that made it feel like we weren't going to complete it in time.

       Or if we did, it would just be half done.

       On the bright side, she was giving us plenty of class time to work on it. On the not so bright side, my group wasn't exactly motivated by anything. We would just get some work done before giving up, which probably wasn't the best thing to do but it was kind of difficult with all the added assignments onto the project.

       We had about five minutes before our English class ended, so Orchid said, "Okay, I think we really need to get this project done and over with. Procrastinating isn't helping."

       Joel sighed. "I agree, but it's kind of hard to work on it when she keeps adding stuff. For all we know, we could finish the project only to have to add more to it."

       "Well, yeah, but it will be better just adding more instead of having to do everything all at once," Orchid said.

       Alan groaned. "Why do you have to be write? I'd rather procrastinate than do everything at once."

       "Should we meet up after school and really just buckle down?" Joel asked. 

       "I can't," I said. "I have plans."

       "And I have a student council meeting to attend to," Orchid said.

       "And I... have no plans but I don't want to buckle down today," Alan said. "I'll gladly buckle down tomorrow, though. Possibly. Maybe. I might make plans just so I don't have to buckle down tomorrow."

       "You won't," Orchid said. "Tomorrow, if we are all free, I think we should really focus on the project."

       We were all free tomorrow, so we agreed with Orchid. She was right, anyway. It would be better for us to get a lot done and slowly add more if the teacher needed us to add more as opposed to having to do everything at once because we were being lazy.

       I would have worked on it today after school, but I really did have plans; one that I was extremely excited for.

       Unfortunately, because I was so excited, it might me feel like school was going by way too slow. Every class, I found myself looking at the clock, watching the seconds hand move ever so slowly.

       Finally, finally, class let out. I had already received a text from Jerome shortly before the bell to dismiss us rang, telling me he was waiting in the parking lot for me. I hurried to my locker, opening it to put away everything I didn't need and take out everything I needed.

       As I was doing so, Joel walked to me, giving me a smile. "Hey," he said.

       I smiled back. "Hi. Sorry I couldn't meet up today for the project."