14. MENTAL PREPARATION FOR TEST

Time passed in a blur and soon Karn was getting ready for his test day ... Nothing was usual that day. Kailash was decorated as a new bride to accomodate all the arriving guests and judges. The ganas with Kailash swamini were at the threshold of Kailash welcoming the guests & Mahadev was in Karn's cave with Nandi preparing him for his test. The last time Kailash was so magnificently decorated was the Marriage ceremony of Vignaharta.
Everyone was excited. Ever-so-calm serene Kailash was bursting with laughter and gossips.

Mahadev:Putr Karn !! Today is a very important day of  our life.  Today u will be tested for ur knowledge, intelligence, strength, agility , endurance and many more such skills and that to be from the best in each field. It won't be like all those mock debates and fights. It will be far more complicated.
Today is not only urs but mine and Shakti's test as a teachers. If u pass we will pass. I'm not pressurizing u putr but am saying u to give ur best.
No matter what just be urself in this test and everything will be fine. Okay?

Karn: Yes Gurudev!! I get it. Don't worry neither will I fail nor would let u and Mata .

Nandi:Karn overconfidence isn't good. What would you do if there's something u don't know?

Karn: But I am not overconfident. I'm confident , confident on Wtevr I have studied and learnt. And coming to things I don't know... There's no one in the universe who knows everything other than ...(looking at Mahadev) Shivshakti. If I don't know something I will politely accept it and move forward to next challenge not dwell on what I don't know . What I know will help me succeed and what I don't know...can be learnt later , after the test.

Devi Shakti: Hmm!! Good . It's good not to burn ur eyes thinking about what you don't know and dwelling in the probabilities of future. Nervousness agitates ur nerves , creates self doubt and tricks you into committing mistakes. Confidence on the other hand , soothes and calms ur mind thus , eliminating any major chance of mistake.
Now come all of u ..his tests aren't going to come here ..come let's go..

Karn: Mata can I join you in sometime? Plzzz...

Devi Shakti: Okay!! But don't be late we will be starting ur tests in an hour or so.
& Putr no matter what the result is , always believe in urself...Never let anything or anyone in this world deter u ... always try to be the best version of urself ...Hmm?

Karn: Yes mata !! I will.

Mahadev: Come fast my cheetah .. Don't make us wait for a long time ..k?

Karn just nods with a smile and the divine couple along with Nandi makes an exit from his room/cave.

KARN'S POV:
I'm so excited and slightly nervous. Although I shouldn't be but still... It's natural. I mean if Mahadev and Mata are saying the tests would be difficult then they would be really difficult and different as well. This is the biggest test of my life. All my hardwork , sleepless night, perseverance, years of my mother's upbringing and my Guru's teachings , everything is dependent on this. No , I'm not scared of test because I have faith in me and my Guru's teachings but still I feel slightly anxious...

The only thing that can heal a man's worry is his mother's lap and father's guidance...

I move towards my trunk, take out Radha maa and Adhirath baba's belongings .
(A sigh of longing escapes from him)
With them in hand I move towards my study place and sit there. I reminisce all my time spent with them. Radha maa who used to go berserk for not finding me for mere min hasn't seen me for 18 years...Mahadev knows how she must be surviving & Baba how must he be? It must have taken great strength for him to let me go and still stay there to handle maa. My vision has turned blurry and two drops of these treacherous tears slip and fall on Radha maa's dupatta and Adhirath baba's angravastra...I respectfully and lovingly touch each of it to my forehead thus , seeking their blessings. I close my eyes and silently seek blessings of all my mother's , Devi Amba, Rishi Hotravahan and Bhagwan Parshuram everyone who has been nothing but supportive, understanding and caring.
Out of nowhere , I feel being engulfed by positive aura ...aura that doesn't belong to any divine being...but manage to bloom a smile on my face. Somehow I know they all have blessed me...how? I can't say...The multiverse works in its own mysterious ways...
I sit there remembering all the things my loved ones have done for me and how much have they sacrificed for the place I am in ...I have to be successful in this for them and for me....
I have seeked the good wishes of nearly everyone I know but still I feel as if I have missed someone....who ? Who? Who?....HER!!!! Dammit!!! How can I forget her?? I have to talk to her...
But haven't we decided not to meet till the completion of learning phase?