27. NORTHERN PANCHAL

THIRD PERSON POV:

The first war of the Kuru Princes ended with their victory. Yagyasen Drupad was finally captured. Suyodhan although didn't disarm Shikhandini but managed to gain an advantage when the blow of conch distracted her ....

The Panchal army went numb on spot. The loss was much on their Panchal's part...

Shikhandini stood shocked at the turn of the events. And why not .. the master of illusion and trickery was defeated and that too by none other than the son of the man he had insulted ... The mighty Shivansh Kripiputra Ashwatthama...
Kauravs hooted and whistled for the win... Suyodhan being the happiest for his friend Ashwatthama. Pandavs on the other hand had mixed feelings... They genuinely felt happy for win and at the same time were confused by Arjun's incapability in getting through the illusion.
Standing on the sidelines , Devrat had a proud face for the win and strong future of Hastinapur in warfare and Karn being Karn had a serene expression but his eyes did fail to hide the pride he brothers and friend's win.
Soon everything was wrapped in the warfield and all the warriors moved towards Devrat and Karn... They seemed the blessings of their Pitamah and the next moment, Suyodhan, Ashwatthama, Yuyutsu and other Kauravs took Karn in a hug ... They had formed something like a mini chakravyuh in name of a hug ..

Karn: What a new way to kill someone.... Guys... I'm unable to breath...
Itna bhi prem nahi chahiye ki praan hin chale jaye...

The Kauravas separated and smiled heartily... Karn looked at Pandavas and smiled a equally soulful smile .... Yudhishthir returned it with a polite smile, Arjun and Sahadev nodded whereas Bheem and Nakul chucked it.
The Kauravs began describe the war without letting Karn ,Suyo or Ashwat say a word ... Devrat smiled at their behaviour...

All of them were having a moment of peace when a shrill voice distracted them...

Panchalraj Drupad: Leave me!! U people have cheated otherwise There's no way u could defeat me ....

Arjun was dragging Panchalraj with him...

Yudhishthir: Panchalraj.. Everyone here knows that none has cheated... Ashwatthama had taken u down by fair ways ... So please accept ur fall like a brave warrior should...

Shikhandini: Leave me.... U don't need to tie me...I can walk there all on my own .

Bheem comes there with Shikhandini tied up like prisoner of war....

Karn: Prince Bheem , Prince Arjun What sort of princely behaviour is this? Stop dragging them.. They have got legs and would walk just fine ... They may have lost but are still King and warrior, u should give him the respect as such .... And that applies to everyone.... (looking at everyone)

Bheem: Who respects the loser? Only a loser....

Karn: Then I think I should start disrespecting everyone including ur dear Mahamahim... afterall I have defeated him.

His words catch Drupad and Shikhandini off-guard... They knew about the duel but not the result...

Bheem: U..

Devrat: Bheem... Karn is right here... Treat everyone the same way u would like to be treated... So untie Devi Shikhandini.. If she wants she will tag along or is free to return to her camp...

Although reluctantly but Bheem followed the order ...and to everyone's shock Shikhandini decided to tag along..
All of them were happy boasting about their victory , Drupad was seething in rage whereas Shikhandini, Karn and Devrat had neutral expressions. At times ,Bheem too commented on Shikhandini being war general and the capabilities of women... Which were shunned by Karn. Suyodhan went forward to support Shikhandini as a warrior and praised her skills too.
Shikhandini although maintained the same poker face but was visibly relaxed by Karn and Suyo's indirect support.