Harvey Mills

Warning: light cussing and it's really sad
Baba: is used as a gender neutral term in place of mum or dad. It is used for the reader. (If you don't like the use of baba you can replace it with mama or mummy or daddy or whatever you want I'm just trying to make sure it's as inclusive as possible)
Do not read this if you aren't prepared for sad things like health related disturbances and such. Do not read this if you can't handle death.
-----
You and Harvey were currently sitting on the couch in your shared flat waiting for a call from your son's doctor.

You're son luca came running out of his bedroom to show you both something. You picked him up smiling at him as he started showing you both his new stuffed animal. You smiled at him, lightly kissing his nose as he giggled. God you loved him so much. He was always the happy go lucky type. His smile was one of the most adorable things in the world.

Yours and Harvey's son had recently been getting sick a lot whether it be a fever or chills, and had been losing a lot of weight, he seemed to be getting hurt a lot easier which never happened before he was a pretty energetic  and robust toddler and the recent occurrence of these things had worried the both you. You had taken him to the doctor a couple of days ago to run tests and now you were just waiting to see what the results were.

You watched as Luca made his way back to his play room. Harvey's phone started ringing so he picked it up putting it up to his ear. Harvey sucked in a breath listening to whatever the person on the other side was saying occasionally getting out an "okay" or "uh-huh" right as he was ending the phone call he asked.
H: when should we come in
You were confused but at the same time still worried. Harvey turned to face you a tear running down his face, as he put down his phone. He took a deep breath before speaking.
H: they - they um - they think he has leukemia
You could feel tears start to run down your face as Harvey's arms wrapped around you pulling you into his chest. You kept trying to tell yourself that it would be alright but nothing seemed to sedate the awful feeling forming in you.
H: we scheduled an appointment for the 24 run one more test and if it comes back positive then we'll go from there. 
You nodded leaning into him. As Luca ran back out to you both, his hands were outstretched towards you, you picked him up pulling him into your arms the idea of losing your baby just hurt. Luca looked at you pressing kisses to your face.
L: don't be sad!

*time skip to the appointment*

The doctor had finished running the test on Luca who was sat in your lap. He had you both wait there as he rushed to get the test results processed earlier than they would've. You sat there holding Luca in your arms lightly kissing his head. Luca turned to you lightly kissing your cheek.
L: I wuv you baba
You smiled at your little baby boy who sit their in your arms. You were trying to hold it together for him, if you were scared he for sure would be scared as well.
Y/n: I wuv you to baby
Luca turned to Harvey.
Luca: daddy why baba sad?
Harvey ruffled Luca's hair, pressing a kiss to his head before speaking.
H: sometimes parents get sad about things they can't always talk about.
He nodded cuddling into your arms turning to you and peppering kisses to your face causing giggles to fall from your lips. Both of you smiling at the other.
L: don't be sad baba, I'll make it good!
You smiled at the small child pressing kissed to his face as he giggled and cheered that he succeeded in lifting your mood. He truly was a ball of light.

A little while later the doctor came back in with a sad look on his face.
Dr: the Tests came back positive, his white blood cell count is far higher then his red blood cell count. We did a test for Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia, it's a common type of cancer in children that Grows fast, it starts in the bone marrow where the blood cells are made.
You felt Harvey lightly squeeze your hand as you felt the air get pulled from your lungs it feel like someone had just kicked you in the chest. You could tell he was about to reveal that the test came back positive, and you weren't sure if you were ready for that. The doctor continued.
Dr: the test came back positive
Tears rushed down your face as he continued to talk.
Dr: the treatment process usually takes 2-3 years. The first thing we need to start chemotherapy, after about a month usually children enter remission, the first month is usually the most intense. It'll require prolonged hospital stays for treatment and frequent doctors visits, serious infections or other complications can occur during this. It's is vital every medicine prescribed gets taken. We may need to do transplants, nursing care, antibiotics, or nutrition depending on what happens as some complications can be life threatening.