Joshua Bassett

You had your own music career it wasn't going incredibly far yet but it definitely wasn't going nowhere. You only had about 500 subscribers on YouTube and most of the songs you put on Spotify only got around 200 streams. But you were grateful for what you had, and the fact that your boyfriend Josh was your number one supporter.

You were currently recording an original song that you had plans to release. You had your mic set up, and your editing app open as well that way you can make sure everything sounded alright. You pressed record and started playing the notes on your piano, then you started singing. Every word coming out smoothly and angelic. When you finished you checked to make sure nothing sounded badly, and you made sure the audio and the video matched up.

You moved into yours and Josh's shared bedroom sitting at the desk continuing the edit the video. Realizing you forgot to record an intro and outro. You cursed slightly before getting up and moving to a decent area and just deciding to film it on your laptops computer.

Y/n: hi welcome back to my channel or welcome to my channel if you are knew;My name's y/n. Today I'm going to be performing my new original song [enter song title here]. I hope you like.

As soon as you had that filmed you quickly filmed an outro.

Y/n: so for those who haven't realized I stupidly forgot to film an intro and outro so both are being filmed now. Anyways I hope you all liked the song! Thank you feel r watching, bye!

You waved at the camera stopping recording, as soon as you stopped recording you added them in there respective places while editing then quickly finishing it up and saving. You closed your laptop, leaving it on the dresser, then you headed out to the living room.

Josh was on the couch watching a movie, you weren't sure what he was watching but after a few hours of editing you just wanted to cuddle. You sat down next to him, leaning into him. To which he put his arm around you pulling you closer to his side.

J: Hi baby

You smiled at him.

Y/n: hi love

He kissed your head.

J: did you finish everything up for the day?

You thought for a moment before realizing you forgot to upload the video and schedule it to be posted publicly. Your eyes went wide.

Y/n: shit, I'll be right back

You got up running to the bedroom, Josh laughing slightly at the sight of you realizing you forgot something vital.

You went back to your computer quickly sending the video to YouTube so you could upload it. You scheduled the video to be posted tomorrow at 12:00pm and left it at that, then shut your laptop and went back to Josh.

J: what did you forget to do?

You looked at him sheepishly, before saying.

Y/n: I forgot to schedule it to post

He laughed lightly whole smiling at you.

J: so basically the most important part

You nodded kind of embarrassed.

Time skip to the next day after it posted

You were cuddling with Josh on the couch, just enjoying his company when your phone started blowing up. You looked over at it kind of confused. You grabbed it opening the notifications which were all coming from YouTube.

Your new song was blowing up. The video had over 500k views and it had barely been up for 6 hours. You sat up beyond shocked.

Y/n: No way! There is no way this is actually happening.

You checked your new emails to see a one from a label wanting to sign you but you weren't to sure of what to do about that, this wasn't something you had ever happened before. You closed out of it as Josh sat up asking you what was happening. You pulled up the YouTube video showing him the views.

J: baby, that's amazing I'm so happy for you!!

He kissed your cheek as you flushed red.

You were decided against checking your socials as you could deal with the rest of this tomorrow. You turned off your phone turning back to Josh, a big smile on your face as you cuddled into him.

J: you don't want to continue checking or reading comments

You shook your head.

Y/n: no silly, today is our day together. I can check comments and take care of social media and emails tomorrow. Today is for you and me to spend time together.

He smiled at you kissing your face, even as your career seemed to start growing exponentially he was still your #1 priority. You spent the rest of the day cuddling, watching movies and even making dinner together.

The next week or so you focussed on signing with a label and getting a manager things really were working out for your career.