Chapter 11: The Beach

Rafe lightly chuckles at Tayla's words "Distractions get the best of me sometimes". He slowly moves his hands towards her waist, gripping at her sides.

"Thought you were more of an ass guy, to be completely honest" she says while dragging her fingers through his hair.

"I can do both" Rafe's voice gets a bit darker as he grips her ass, pulling her closer as he does. The girl bites her lip at this new aggressiveness. Tayla closes the small distance between them and kisses Rafe rougher than usual. Her tongue enters his mouth, increasing the intensity.

The boy always wanted Tayla, but what she was doing was enticing him on a new level.

He smiles against her lips "What are you trying to do?".

"I think you know" she smirks as her nose purposefully nudges his.

Rafe shakes his head with an even bigger smile "God, I love you".

The next day, at the beach...

Sarah, Wheezie, Tayla, and Rafe all decided to have a beach day. Wheezie really wanted to go so she convinced the girls who convinced Rafe. Tayla could convince him to do anything so it really wasn't too difficult.

Putting their towels and cooler down on the sand, the two sisters raced towards the water. Tayla laid on her towel, putting her hat on her face as she was planning to sunbathe. "Ummm, we did not come here to sunbathe Tay".

"Who's we?" she playfully scoffs and turns on her side to face away from Rafe.

"Oh I don't think so" he shakes his head disapprovingly and picks her up with ease

Tayla yelps as his cold hands touch her sun-kissed body "Rafeeee". He runs towards the water and stops where the water reaches the sand.

"You wouldn't".

"Don't you trust me?" Rafe looks down at Tayla.

She smiles at his question "Unfortunately" pecking his cheek.

"If you love me, you will not throw me in the water" she changes her demeanor to come off more serious.

"You know I do babe" Rafe spins around, still with his girl in his arms "I love you more than anything".

The tan girl feels her face flush as she feels the butterflies in her stomach, only Rafe could make her feel this way. She smiles at her boyfriend "I love you more than everything".

Rafe couldn't help but kiss her softly, he never was confident with his past girlfriends that ever said the 'L word' to him. He didn't know why but he knew that everything Tayla told him was true.

As the two looked into each other's eyes, they heard the slamming of a door. They both look over to see a rusted-up van with familiar faces coming out of it. The pogues don't immediately take notice of the new couple except for Kiara. She looks over and sees her ex-best friend with the boy of HER dreams. Not only was she pissed about her lost friendship with Tayla but she was pissed to be ignored by the kook boy.

John B looks over at the Kiara "Look, I tried my best at the party last night but I think they are inseparable at this point".

She scoffs and rolls her eyes at his comment "Wanna bet?". Giving a fake smile she walks off to catch up with JJ and Pope.

Already in the ocean, Sarah and Wheezie look over at the newly arrived group. Sarah rolls her eyes at the presence of the pogue girl. "Why is she here" she mumbles under her breath.

Wheezie looks over at her older sister, confused at the most likely stupid girl drama.

Knowing that Kiara had a vendetta against her best friend, Sarah took her little sister's hand and ran back to the sand to find her. The only reason Sarah knew this information was because she and Kiara were close, close enough to tell each other their crushes. At the time, Rafe was Kiara's crush and obviously still is to this day.

Sarah knew that the crush was still in effect and that ever since the breakup of their friend trio, Kiara hated Tayla. Sarah never had the heart to tell Tayla about Kiara. But as Tayla and Sarah remained friends, Kiara became more angry and hateful.

"Tay, we got to go" Sarah says out of breath from running so far. Rafe puts his girlfriend down "Why?".

"I'll explain when we get back home but we need to go now". By the way Sarah's tone had changed, Tayla knew that whatever was going on was serious.

When they started to pack up, the three girls go to the car as Rafe finishes up folding the towels. Kiara looks over to see the boy alone and takes her chance. The curly-haired girl strides over "Hey Rafe, leaving so soon?".

He looks up and notices the person standing ahead "Oh hey... uh, yeah, Sarah just needs us to get back home".

"You're with Tayla now?" Kiara tries to say in a neutral tone.

He looks up again, finished with the towels "Yeah, just made it official actually" he says with a grin.

She wanted to be the one to make him smile "So, you're like exclusive now?".

He furrows his brows in confusion "I mean... yeah, I wouldn't want anyone else".

Those words cut her deep "Right" she tries her best to muster a smile.

Rafe sees her eyes pooled with hurt and pats her shoulder "You okay?". Never before would he ever care about someone else's emotions until recently.

Kiara glances at his hand briefly on her shoulder, getting out of her trance she nods "I just... I was wondering if you wanted to come to a kegger my friends and I are hosting later".

He looks over at the truck with the most important girls in his life waiting for him "I'll have to get back to you on that" he puts on a polite smile and grabs his bag.

"Just think about it, it's gonna be fun" she nudges his shoulder with hers.

He chuckles dryly "I gotta run it by Tay, but I'll try my best to make it". With that, he walks off to the truck. All three girls saw the interaction ahead of them.

Wheezie was uninterested because she didn't care. Tayla was unphased because she trusted her boyfriend. Sarah was extremely concerned because she knew not to underestimate whatever plan Kiara had under her sleeve.