Chapter 18: The Hospital

Both Rafe and Sarah take a deep breath at the same time. Sarah turns to her brother "You can see her first, I know you need your time". 

He rushes to the room where Tayla is, finding her lying in the hospital bed with machines around her checking her vitals.

He goes to the side of the bed, moving a piece of hair out of her face behind her ear. Tayla's eyes open slowly, looking into his "Rafe?". 

His thumb rubs against her cheek "I'm here baby and I love you so much". 

She smiles, not thinking about what happened moments ago "I love you too".

His eyes water thinking about what had probably gone through her head today "Tay, I just want you to know that I do want a future with you and I would never choose anyone instead of you, what happened with Kiara was completely forced on her part".

A tear falls from her cheek and Rafe wipes it away "I had a hard time thinking you ever cheat on me but it just hurt to hear that you didn't want to talk about a future with me because I want to marry you one day and make a family with you". He nods his head as she talks, Rafe believed every word she said.

"I would only want to get married and have kids with you, I couldn't see myself with anyone else" Rafe says, looking into his girlfriend's eyes. 

"Listen, if you want to get married or have kids right now, we can go do it" he says gesturing out the door. 

Tayla laughs "As much as I would like that, I'm kind of busy at the moment" pointing to the IV in her arm.

He looks at the IV and then back towards her "You feeling okay?". 

Tayla nods "Better" she smiles at his hand moving to hers. 

"I felt my heart break thinking that I wouldn't see you again" Rafe says softly, looking down at their intertwined hands. 

"I'm not leaving anytime soon" she says while smiling at him.

All of a sudden, there's a knock at the door and Sarah peeks her head in "Can I come in now?". 

Tayla smiles "Of course" she gestures for her to come closer. 

Sarah goes over to her best friend and gives her a hug. Rafe gets nervous "Hey, careful!".

Tayla lets go of Sarah, laughing at Rafe's reaction "Babe, I'm fine, I'm not going to break". 

He gestures to shoo away Sarah more "I don't want to risk anything". 

"So you're the only person that can touch her?" Sarah says with her arms crossed.

Rafe shrugs his shoulders "I mean... yeah". Both girls roll their eyes at the overprotective boy. 

"Next time I see Kiara, I'm punching her" Tayla says seriously. 

Rafe makes an angry face "You will do no such thing". 

Sarah grins a little "I was a little close to doing that myself... I said some words to her".

Tayla turned her head to Sarah "What words exactly?". 

Sarah looks down at her hands "I may or may not have told her that Rafe didn't give a fuck about her and I would make her life miserable if she tried anything again". 

Rafe bursts out laughing "Are you serious?".

Sarah nods cautiously "She really pissed me off, I already didn't like her but that pushed it over the edge". 

Tayla pouts "Awww, my bestie's all protective". 

The blonde girl rolls her eyes playfully "Whatever".

It didn't take long for Tayla to feel one hundred percent better. Rafe took her back to his house, he wanted her to do as little as possible. As much as she kept telling him she was okay, he still treated her like a glass that is about to break.

Picking her up bridal style, he takes her up the stairs and lays her on his bed. "You're such a drama queen" Tayla whines, still pecking his lips. 

Rafe smiles at her affection "Only because I want you to be safe". 

She chuckles at his overprotectiveness "I'm always safe".

He smirks "We both know that's a lie". 

Tayla's jaw drops "Rafe! Get your mind out of the gutter". But he couldn't, he rarely ever could when looking at his girl. 

Rafe lays next to Tayla and spoons her, whispering in her ear "You wanna make a baby right now?".

Tayla laughs "So you won't let me walk up the stairs but I can get railed by you?". 

She feels his smirk against her cheek "Precisely". Tayla turns her head towards him and meshes her lips with his. The tension rises second by second as Rafe lifts himself on top of her.

It would have gone further if Topper hadn't barged through the door. So engulfed with each other, neither of the two noticed him come in until the kook purposefully cleared his throat. This noise startled them both, making Rafe get off of Tayla "Ever heard of knocking bro?".

Topper looks up at the ceiling pretending to think "Hmmm, it sounds familiar". Rafe rolls his eyes at his best friend's cockblock. 

Putting a pillow over his crotch, Rafe makes an unsatisfied face towards Topper "Did you need something?".

Ignoring his question, Topper asks his own "Are you guys really trying to have a baby?". 

Tayla's jaw drops in disbelief "Are you eavesdropping into our bedroom you perv?". Rafe grins at her words 'our bedroom', she saw it as something they shared as a couple and that made him happy.

"What? No!" Topper scoffs. 

Rafe looks at him in disgust, trying to divert back to something else "We're not not trying to have a baby, if it happens it happens". Tayla smiles and kisses his cheek, imagining him as a dad made her extremely happy.

Topper shakes his head "Get married first you horndogs". 

Tayla takes her attention off of Rafe and onto Topper "We're the horndogs? You're the one listening on us in the bedroom". Rafe puts his hand on Tayla's thigh, silently telling her to stop.

Sarah pops her head in from the door frame "Everyone good over here?". 

Rafe throws his head back and groans in annoyance "Oh my god, is the whole island going to join us now?". 

Tayla giggles, rubbing his back to try to calm him down "Everything's fine, Topper just showed up out of nowhere".

Sarah looks toward her now ex-boyfriend "What are you doing here". 

Topper visibly becomes more nervous "I actually was going to ask where you were, I wanted to talk to you". 

Rafe groans again "I don't want to be involved in your stupid conversation, JUST LEAVE".

Both Sarah and Topper look at him with wide eyes and slowly walk away, closing the door behind them. "Someone's hot and bothered" Tayla teases with a smirk on her face, moving the pillow Rafe put on himself. Taking the pillow off, they both could see why he was covering it in the first place.

This time, Tayla gets on top with her hand resting on Rafe's shoulders. She lays wet kisses on his jaw, leading her mouth to his ear to whisper "Baby making time". Leaving Rafe with a sly grin on his face.